Damien and the Family Business

Start from the beginning

"I already have one babysitter, I don't need another. I don't want to be a babysitter either." I glance at Damien. "No offense." He shrugs. 

My father raises his voice slightly. "Raven, we will discuss your defiance later. For now, give Damien a tour and show him to his room." 

I don't give him a reply. I motion for Damien to get up and follow. I walk out and start walking around the cabin. I pointed out things and mentioned the rules that Ethel and I have agreed to. I lead him up the stairs and walk down the long hall. I stop in front of a door. I open it and it looks the exact same as mine. I did hang up a couple things on the wall but the rooms were pretty much the same. I point out the bathroom in the corner and walk into my room. I was going to close the door but Damien was there. "May I come in?" 

Ugh. "Sure." He walks in and sits on a couch near the window. I grab my phone and plug it into the charger. i cross my legs and scroll through my notifications. 

Damien clears his throat. I ignore him and continue to look at my phone. "Raven." I look up. "You may want to change your position. I can kind of see…" His face is red and is looking at the ceiling. 

I realize what he means and I pull my dress down. I scoot to the edge of the bed and smooth out the skirt. "You are ok now. I fixed myself." 

Damien looks back at me. "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." 

I shake my head. "No it's ok. I'm not used to wearing dresses. If I wear a skirt I usually have leggings underneath." 

Damien rests his elbows on his knees. "What do you like then?" 

"Birds, meditating, books…" I glance at my phone. Gar sent me a message. I wanted to look at it but I didn't want to be rude to Damien. I like to be difficult with my father, but this situation isn't Damien's fault. 

"What book are you reading right now?" Damien glances around the room. "I dont see many books in here." 

"My father moved me recently off campus so most of my books are still packed….he didnt tell me where." I roll my eyes. "What made you want to enroll in university?" 

Damien shrugs. "My father feels I should be with others my age. I'm going into the family business so the classes don't really matter." 

"What's the family business?" I tilt my head to the side. 

Damien gives me a confused look. "You're kidding right?" I shake my head. "Do you know what your father does for a living?" 

"He just tells me it's important business." 

Damien laughs a little. "Raven, our dads are gang leaders. Rivals actually." 

My jaw drops. I couldn't believe what he just said. I mean it can explain a few things, like saying being in this house was for my protection. "If they are rivals, then why are they having lunch and dinner together?" 

Damien gets slightly nervous. He is fidgeting in his seat. "Raven, they are trying to come to a truce. There is another gang gaining power in the underworld, so they are trying to figure out a treaty to bring the gangs together." 

I wrinkle my nose. "I'm not going to like what the negotiations are going to be, am I?" 

Damien sighs. "By the look of your face, probably not. I think you can guess the easiest way to bring the two gangs together." he gets up. "I think I'll just go sit in my room until dinner." 

Damien leaves me in my disbelief. My father, is a leader of a gang. Gangs were responsible for the death of my mother. I wanted no part in whatever those men were planning downstairs. I was so angry. I grab a pillow and scream into it. I take a deep breath and left it out. I sit cross legged again and close my eyes. I need to get my emotions under control. Anger wastes too much energy. 

I take a few more deep breaths and let my mind wonder. 

My meditation session was interrupted by my father barging into my room. I open my eyes and he is standing at the end of my bed with his arms crossed. "Raven, don't you ever embarrass me in front of a guest. It is unacceptable." he continued before I could make a snarky reply. "You will come down for dinner and you will keep quiet unless spoken to. Then, you will excuse yourself to your room for the rest of the night. Am I clear?" 

I started to shake a little. The longer he talked, the louder his voice got. I don't know why, but his booming voice scared me. I nod and he motions for me to follow him. I get up, smooth my dress out, and walk downstairs with him. 

I'll be nice and give you two chapters this week. I couldnt post last week because I had a doggy emergency. If anyone is wondering I am going to try and keep this story PG 13. My other story has a lot of sex scenes, but that is kind of the point. I will start to write ahead for this story so I dont leave anyone hanging on a week I am busy.
I hope you enjoy.

~Vila