𝟬𝟭𝟯. 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

Start from the beginning

Louis stood by, watching as she struggled to put her shoes on before laughing softly and offering his arm to Cora. "Need a hand, milady?"

Cora almost snorted as she let out a small chuckle but decided to grab onto his arm because it was sturdier than the wall. "I guess I do, milord, thanks."

As Cora put on her shoes, she stumbled into Louis's chest while struggling to slip her foot into the second shoe. With one arm, Louis tried to steady her and wrapped it around her torso, carefully to keep his hand in the appropriate areas. She instantly apologized, her face red with embarrassment as her heart was beating loudly in her ears. Cora profusely said 'sorry' over and over again as he laughed lightly, telling her that it was okay.

After Cora successfully put her shoes, she realized that Louis' arm was still wrapped around her and didn't seem to move it. (Not that she was complaining though.) And found herself feeling empty when he removed his arm and smiled at her. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go boogie." Cora grinned and walked over to the front door, as she held it open for him. "After you, milord."

"Why thank you, milady." he laughed lightly before descending into the hallway whilst Cora locked the door and followed after him.

They got to the taxi, also known as a cabbie by Louis and fellow Britians. Louis's mother was sat in the front seat with the cabbie driver, she greeted Cora with a kind smile that the teenage girl returned. Whilst Louis and Cora sat in the back of the cab that drove through the busy streets of London, they talked amongst themselves. They continued their game of twenty questions before Cora decided that playing 'Would You Rather?' would be a lot more fun for the car ride.

"Okay, so theoretically, if all of your skin was gone and you had to shower, would you rather bathe in lime juice or sprite?" Cora asked with a small mischievous grin.

Louis' face twisted in confusion as his lips parted slightly. "What the hell? My skin is- why is my skin gone?"

Cora scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Because I said so, wise guy. Now answer the question."

"Plain lime juice or carbonated water with lime?" he pondered for a moment as he tapped his chin. "Perhaps the sprite? The carbonation would calm down and go flat, so maybe that one."

"An interesting explanation, but I respect it. Now your turn, Lou." she grinned.

"Alright, okay, just give me a minute, Corazon, I'm trying to think." Louis chuckled lightly before smirking slightly. "Okay, would you rather be unable to use your arms or your legs?"

"My legs," Cora replied without hesitation. "At least if I was paralyzed the waist down I could still write songs and play Queenie and Kingsley."

"Yeah, that was a stupid question on my part, huh?"

"Just a tad,"

It calmed down between the two of them for a while. At the moment, Cora stared out the window and saw the scenery of tall London buildings change and evolve into the countryside.

"How did you get into writing songs by the way?" Louis asked out of nowhere, causing the teenage girl to look away from the window and at him.

Cora thought for a moment, trying to decide on what to say. "I've been writing songs since I was able to hold a ukelele. They've never been good up until middle school."

Louis nodded, clearly listening very intently. "Do you remember the first song you wrote?"

"Sadly," she said as she shook her head. "It was about the beach and ice cream... Maybe I'll play it for you sometime."