Family Fight

I rubbed Joe's back as he groaned, in both satisfaction and a bit of pain. "You ok?"

"Yeah, feels really good."

"Good." After a while longer I stopped and laid next to him. His hand going to my stomach. "It sucks I can't be a part of our last run how I want."

"I know, but you being there is enough. I understand it's not the same."

"Think it's going to be weird without him?"

"Yeah. We've been around each other for so long but I also know he isn't happy anymore and at the end of it that's most important. So I would rather him leave and be happy then stay and hate it everyday. "

JOE POV

It was nice to go home and have a week off. I knew there was tension in Texas and I knew Jayla needed to handle it. She talked to Alex everyday and since she had been there during our fight they hadn't talked once. Leah and he were getting married, changed the date because Leah wanted Jayla to not be heavily pregnant or not able to even go because of giving birth. I thought it was sweet, to change the date around of a wedding just because the maid of honor might ot be there. I also knew they were excited to get forever started. Alex wouldn't tell me what was going on, he just didn't want to talk to her and as close as they were I knew something was wrong because of that statement.

Etsi we are here. I texted my mother in law once we got to the house. Even she didn't know the details of whatever was going on with Alex and Jayla but she was over it.

Bring her to the house. He is here and I am making them talk, her house anything could happen.

On the way. I went to Jayla and drove to her moms. Getting there I helped get the kids in and as she walked in I saw Alex look at her and put the cup he had back down. He went to walk out the back door when Sam stood in the way.

"Move."

"Not happening."

"Alex, Jayla. I don't know or at this point care what is going on but you are family you are going to talk to one another." Maria said looking at them.

"I already said I don't want to talk to her."

"You heard your mother." John said folding his arms.

"I heard but I'm a grown man."

"Sit your ass down." John said sternly. He looked over at Jayla who was quiet next to me. "You too." Jayla sighed as she sat down. She looked at Alex but he wouldn't meet her gaze. Preferring to stare at his hands instead.

"I'm sorry." Jayla said softly. I was kind of lost as I didn't know what had gone down but whatever it was she felt like it was her fault. Alex looked up at her and scoffed,

the action making me want to grab him, protect and defend her

"Sorry, take your sorry and shove it up your spoiled ass." He said yelling at her.

"Hey man, watch it." I said stepping up.

"Stop ulilohi." She said making me look at her. I sighed nodding and backed away from him as he looked at her.

"See that, one word to you and he is ready to fight me, one word and he stopped. You take that for granted, everything you take for granted. I get that Dre hurt you, more than once but I don't care what is going on in your life I have been there! Me! Yet you tell me to leave to fuck off! Who was there when he fucking dumped your ass becasue he couldn't take Paul! Who did you run to when he was poppin pills! Who was there everytime Dre hurt you! Who held you while you cried! ME! You run away from your problems, and what was it, probably some dumb shit, then you come here and want to go off on me for caring! You have money, we don't have shit we struggle here while you have three fancy big ass houses, travel the world! You are a fucking ungrateful ass bitch and you're lucky Leah wants you in the wedding because if it was up to me I wouldn't want you anywhere near it."

"Alex!" Maria yelled at him and I heard my wife take a shaky breath and saw the tears fall on her face. I grabbed Alex by his collar.

"Look, I don't know what the fuck happened but what you arent about to do is scream and disrespect my wife, and you aren't going to do this like this in your moms house."

"Joe get the fuck off me man."

"No, apologize."

"I am not apologizing for telling her the damn truth. You're walking on eggshells around her and kissing her ass."

"Loving my wife and protecting her and doing my job as a man and husband is not me kissing her ass and walking on eggshells. You're about to be married, you need to learn that."

"Whatever."

"I'm sorry I hurt you. If you don't want me there I won't be." Jayla said standing. "I love you" Jayla walked out as Leah glared at Alex.

"Joe can you let him go please?" I looked at her letting Alex go and stepping back. I cringed as she smack the hell out of him. "You have 5 days before our wedding, Friday, by that rehearsal you better have this fixed or so help me there won't be a wedding."

"What! Seriously!" Alex said angrily.

"Yes, She is your sister and my best friend. Fix this and I mean now."

"Fuck!" Alex said as she walked out.

"Uck." Everyone turned looking at Roman who had repeated his uncle. Maria walked up and smacked him in the head.

"Way to go Alexander."

"Roman, bad word."

"That's the big kahuna word." Apollo said looking at his little brother.

"You can't say that big man." He pouted looking at me.

"Sorry man." Alex said as I looked up at him picking Roman up.

"It's ok. Walk with me."