7- A Second Phone Call and a Nice Chat

Start from the beginning

Bucciarati nodded with a small smile of his own before letting you go. You turned the doorknob, and closed the door behind you. Not wanting the silence of last time, you decided to talk to Trish, who was leaning on her arm as she gazed out the window.

"So Trish, you're fifteen right?" You asked as you stood a couple feet to the left of her.

"Yeah, how about you?" She responded, still facing the window. 

"I'm seventeen, but I'll be eighteen soon." You said and Trish turned to you.

"When?" She asked.

"Tomorrow actually." You smiled as you looked at the vineyard through the window. All that you got in response was an 'oh' from Trish.

You both sat in silence before Trish actually spoke up.

"What where you doing before?" She asked and you turned to her, slightly confused.

"Before you joined the gang." Trish clarified.

"Oh I was actually going to school." You said with a small smile.

"For what?" Trish questioned with a slight tilt of her head.

"After I graduated high school, I wanted to be a police officer." You said with a small sad smile.

"Oh." She was silent for a moment before continuing, "Why'd you join in the first place?" 

"I don't have some sad backstory, I only joined to help my friend and support him." You sighed before continuing, "Maybe someday I'll continue with school."

You suddenly turned your head to Trish and smiled.

"Well anyways, enough about me. What do you like to do?" You asked her with your usual bright smile. She was silent for a moment before turning to the window.

"I like to sing." She said quietly.

"Sing? Do you think you want to sing in the future?" You asked her.

"Yeah." She said with a barely visible smile.

"I think you would do great!" You said warmly.

After that, you spent some time getting to know each other. Though Trish was still quite reserved, you managed to talk to her about her about her interests and yours. At some point she had pointed out the white gardenia by your ear.

"Who gave you that flower?" Trish asked as she pointed to the white gardenia.

"Oh Giorno gave it to me earlier." You gave he a closed eye smile as you gently touched the flower, "It's kinda strange how he can tell when I'm feeling sad, but I can barely read his emotions."

"Yeah, that is kinda strange." Trish nodded, but she was more interested in the meaning of the flower.

You, yourself, were not well versed in the art  of flower language, but Trish was. She wondered why Giorno would give you a white garden.

-----

You and Trish watched from the window as the gang was gathered outside. Apparently Narancia had a run in with an enemy and everything went up in flames. To say you weren't worried would be a complete lie. You were very concerned about Narancia's wounds, It was evident on your face even if you didn't directly say so. 

You crossed your arms and leaned against the wall next to the window. You sighed accepting that at least Narancia was ok now.

"Bucciarati!" You heard a voice you recognized as Mista yell, "I think we got a message from the boss!" 

You peaked out the window, slightly intrigued. You watched as Bucciarati opened the side door of the van. You weren't quite sure what they were talking about, since they weren't talking very loud, but you could assume from what you did hear that the boss had sent his next orders.

"Fugo! Abbacchio! Giorno! Y/N!" Bucciarati said loud enough for you to hear as he looked at each of you, "You four head to Pompeii and get that key! Mista, Narancia, and I will remain here and protect Trish from the hitman team. Retrieve the key, and if it seems safe, contact us. Then we'll take Trish and head over to that vehicle. I'm counting on you."

"Did you get that?" Bucciarati yelled separately to you, which you nodded in response.

You would do your best in this mission. 

------

Sorry for the shorter chapter, We'll have the reader more involved in the main pot next chapter! Anywho, thank you all for 1000+ reads! This means so much to me! Would you like maybe a special chapter or art in celebration? If so please leave any suggestions in the comments!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!