His face changed the second his body turned. His mild and elegant face in front of Song Yuan became an expressionless one–serious and indifferent, one that gave others a feeling of great pressure.

The driver followed behind him and opened the back door.

The driver was now breaking into a sweat over his situation. Just when he settled in the driver’s seat, fastened his seat belt, and prepared to depart, he heard his boss, sitting in the back seat, say in a cold voice: “I don’t want my family to know about what happened today.”

???

The driver wanted to cry without tears. He never expected that his boss had never lost his voice in the first place. He could clearly talk! Why was he playing mute!

As the saying went, curiosity killed the cat. He didn’t want to know the boss’s secret.

He knew how deep the waters ran amongst the rich and powerful. The Xie family was one of the best of the best in B City-it was no exaggeration for the outside world to call the boss the crown prince.

The driver didn’t dare to think too deeply into it and just nodded repeatedly.

He knew what the boss was referring to. It seemed that the boss had to pretend to be mute for a while. If other people in the Lu family knew that the boss hadn’t lost his voice, then the boss would suspect him. He had worked with other people, and in the worse-case scenario he could resign. But he had been with the Xie family for several years now, and he was well-aware that it was all too simple and easy for these second-generation giants to kill off a person. Although his pay for driving his boss around was quite high, he didn’t expect that the risks were also so high.

“If you don’t do it and you don’t say it, then I also won’t go looking for you.”

The driver, hearing his boss say this, was even more afraid to lower his guard. He didn’t expect his boss to know what he was thinking in his heart.

The driver muttered to himself. He felt that the boss was completely different from before. If not for that face, he would think that the two were totally different people–the boss from before was very gentle and was very good to his drivers. He was unlike the average rich second generation. But then again, wouldn’t anyone who had undergone such a life-threatening situation have a change in temperament?

As winter approached, Rong Ting, contrary to what his mouth said2, very obediently substituted his traditional clothes for the down jacket and jeans that Song Yuan bought him. But he vehemently insisted on not cutting his hair, and Song Yuan didn’t want to force him. In any case, there were still a few months left before he went to school.

Song Yuan originally wanted to tell Rong Ting about today’s traffic accident, but she swallowed the words back.

Gugu hadn’t yet adjusted to the matter of his parents already being “divorced.” If she talked too often about other men in front of him, even if they were strangers, he wouldn’t be too happy.

“Christmas is coming soon. Since we’re free now, why don’t we go out and buy some things to decorate the house?” Song Yuan suggested. “It also happens to be Saturday that day. Grandma and Grandpa will come over, and I also want to invite my good friends over. We can have a little Christmas spirit in our house. What do you think?”