CHAPTER TWO

I wished it was all a dream. The man who swore to be loyal to me was standing in front of me smiling. I am such a fool? Late meeting! I can't believe I fell for that excuse. I had given so many years of my life and this was my payment. The audacity of this man to smile at me with no remorse. Did he think I was a fool. If he wanted to play this game then I would play my cards well.

'How was your night?' I felt my blood boil when he had the audacity to cheat on me and still ask that. 'I missed you,' I almost broke down again.
'How was the meeting?'

'It went well.' I narrowed my eyes at him. He seemed to have caught up on that, 'what?'
'The meeting lasted the whole night?'

'It was too late to drive,decided to sleep at the office.' I stared at his eyes and my mind went to ten ways I could kill him.

'Okay,let me make you breakfast,you must be starving.

'Great,I am starving,' he said as he rubbed his stomach. Didn't the witch he was with feed him? She probably can't cook. She's probably a gold digging wench attracted to his pockets. If I saw her again I swear I am going to insult her just to shame her. Even go as far as dragging her by her hair and beating her up until her face is unrecognizable. Am I going overboard aren't I? I am not even aware how I'm keeping my face straight in front of my so not loving husband. Had he gotten tired of me? Was I not enough anymore? Have I added on weight? Have my C cup babies drooped or is it my ass?I felt worthless.

I couldn't stay in this marriage any longer. I was feeling suffocated. I was feeling pretty pathetic playing house by cooking him breakfast after he spent the night with his mistress. I did not want to lose my husband and at the same time I cannot stay with a cheating bastard. But if I leave,I have no where to go. He is my only family. My only friend is Betty but I can't go to her for help since her husband does not like me. I needed to plan carefully. I needed to put my life back on track. I needed to be strong,to stand up for myself,to be a woman I can admire.

Suddenly I see Ethan snapping his fingers in front of my eyes,'you spaced out.'

'Sorry.'

'Is something bothering you? I hope it's not about this morning. I was annoyed by your sudden interest in my work. That's not how we roll. I take care of all our financial needs and you take care and hold our home.' The nerve of this man.

'and whose fault is that?' He looked taken back from my retort.

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'maybe I am tired of being just a housewife.'

'You want to work? But that's not us.' He seems more annoyed than ever. I need to do this.

'I mean I did study interior design. Maybe I can get out there again and do what I loved doing.'

'Where is this coming from all of a sudden?'

'I am bored all alone at home.'

'You never seemed to mind for the past ten years.'

I roll my eyes at him. I need this. I had come up with a plan for what to do about this situation. I need to stand up for myself. I love my husband but cheating on me is unforgivable. I put my career aside just to be with him. This is how he repays me? I know he loves me and that is never going to change. I knew him like the back of my hand after all he was my husband.

'I want to work. I need this.'

'Is this about having a child? It is isn't it? I told you Cassie,I am not ready to be a father yet.'

'Because of your rough childhood bla bla bla,I know.'

'Cassandra! You're being insensitive,' he chuckled lightly,'okay,you can work but at the company. I'll give Steve a call and see if he can accommodate you.' Steve Anderson was the man in charge of the interior decor for all the Smith Enterprise hotels and any other project Smith Enterprise Company took on.