you ain't worth my love (if you only love to hate me)

Start from the beginning

he started calling the people individually and their assigned group. i saw how chaeyoung's face lit up when she heard her name grouped into lisa's close friend, jisoo's group. i think she has a crush on her. they are also grouped with seulgi and my other close friend, irene.

"jennie kim", i heard mr. yang called my name, which made me pivot to face him. "lisa manoban, i pronounce the both of you as partners", i looked down again in embarrassment. why would he announce it like that? he sounds like a priest but i wouldn't marry that lisa.

"i hope all of you will make something extraordinary for the upcoming anniversary event. the chairman will be there so i expect that the result will make the chairman happy. i guess, that's all, meeting adjourned", the commotion of the groups started when the vice-president came out of the room. there are cheers and laughs around me. but i felt pissed.

how would i work with her now? i don't even do things around her and they expect me to work with her for a project just like that? my god, this is gonna be a disaster.

__________

it's been two weeks since the meeting. the other groups are finishing up their ideas, but we're still stucked in middle. the office has been really busy so we can't find time to do the project. we only have three days left and we want the it to be done tonight.

lisa volunteered to use her apartment for us to work on. working with her really feels like working with a robot. she just agrees or disagrees with my ideas. she also presents idea like it was a planned algorithm. she makes sure there is no holes. we are completely different. she tell me things once and it is already flawless, while i present her several things and i would choose which one is the best.

and now we're here in the apartment at 9 in the evening. we are halfway the second part of the project when the doorbell rung.

"that's the food delivery", lisa is trying to stand up but i stopped her.

"you continue there, i'll go get that", she looked at me blankly, as if she's judging what would i do, then looked down and continued on her work.

i opened her door, and to my surprise, it's chaeyoung's crush, jisoo. i saw her get surprised also when she saw me. she looked at me from head to toe and up again, it's like she's scanning me.

"what are you doing here, kim?", she asks me, still looking confused.

"what, are you doing here?", i asked her back. that's when i realized that she's holding the pizza boxes that lisa ordered.

"what's taking you so long, the order's already paid", i heard lisa at the back, her steps approaching me.

"jisoo? what are you doing here, man?", lisa also looked confused because of jisoo's presence.

"i saw the delivery boy on the way here so i just get that from him", she gave the boxes to lisa, who's behind me. she looks tall, i'm just on her chin level.

"and i thought it's tops-night, friday right?", i almost laughed from what she said. i managed to bit my lip to supress my laughter.

"man, damn i forgot! we're finishing up the project, maybe next friday? we really need to get this done today", lisa has that apologetic look on her face. jisoo nodded at her and prepared to walk away.

lisa gave her a peace sign and jisoo just laughed it off and started to walk backwards as she waved goodbye to lisa, leaving the two of us infront of the door.

when lisa realized our close proximity, she took three steps backward while looking at me intently.

"why were you laughing a while ago?", the look on her face is teasing, as if she's expecting me to say something unbelievable.