𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

Start from the beginning

    "You're here!" I could hear her voice, and soon a body crashed into mine and my hands instinctively wrapped around the blonde's body to prevent us from falling.

    "Oh my god, hello!" I was excited, and starstruck of course. She was hugging me tightly and I could feel my heart thumping in my chest, I was fangirling no doubt.

    "Oh, my gosh hi! I'm Zoe." Zoe introduces as Taylor lets go of my body, and turns to my assistant/manager. I still have to talk to my management about that.

    "Hi! You're Zoe, right?" Taylor asks as she hugs Zoe who stands there, hands to her side, and her eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights.

    "Oh my- Oh my God, Taylor Swift is hugging me right now." Zoe fangirls, and I laugh at how red she is.

    "You're so cute!" Taylor says once they let go of each other, and Taylor turns to me, a wide smile on her face.

    "You're dressing room is right next to mine, and I'm done with soundcheck, you wanna hang around mine first?" She asks, and I nod.

    Taylor's dressing room was just as I had expected, it was filled with a bunch of white cloth that drapes over the dark walls, there was a vanity with a wide mirror with balls lit up around it.

    "So, how have you been?" She asks as she motions for me to sit next to her on the couch, and I did. There's something about Taylor that just makes you feel comfortable around her.

    "Been doing great honestly, never better!" I shrug, and she smiles, gosh her smile is so contagious.

    "That's good to hear, so, have you written any songs since you got back?" She asks, and I nod, pulling out my journal from my purse.

    "Can I-" I point to a guitar, and she nods, standing from the couch, taking one of her guitars and handing it to me, sitting right back where she was earlier.

    "Okay, so I've had this melody stuck in my head for a while now, and I can't quite remember where I've heard it. It's unfinished, and it's one of the songs I'm still unsure of." I ramble on and Taylor chuckles, motioning me to start playing.

    I play the familiar chords, and start to sing the song that I had written on my journal.

Don't you call her baby
We're not talking lately
Don't you call her like you used to call me

I, I just miss
I just miss your accent and your friends
Did you know I still talk to them?

Did you go explorin' and meet her family?

    "That's all I have." I shrug, and Taylor nods, with her lips pursed as if she was thinking about something.

    "That's not entirely my style, but maybe you can release it! Do you have any other songs?"

    Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

    Maybe I'm not cut out for this, I mean Taylor fucking Swift just rejected my song, she's one of the best song writers out there and fuck.

    "Kenna, are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost." Taylor's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I shook my head, smiling softly.

    "Yeah-yeah, I'm fine." I said through a shaky voice, Taylor smiled at me with a knowing look in her eyes.

    "Kenna, I didn't mean that your song was shit, relax." Taylor laughed, and I smiled, releasing a sigh that I didn't know I was keeping. "Now, let's see your other songs."