Mark Your Words

I don't own the art above credits to the artist!

Nobody's POV:

The day had finally come for Chuuya to return to his work as usual, he trudged out of the door with a scowl and plopped into his car lacking any motivation whatsoever.

His head was pounding and his back was sore both being results of stupid decisions on his part the previous night, that being said it hurt to sit upright. His fingers tapped on the steering wheel impatiently, tempted to run the red light he lowered his foot onto the gas pedal.

Though he finally decided to abide by traffic laws but only for the time being with the realization that if the light took any longer to change color he could be late to work and get away with it.

The gravel crunched under his tires and the sun shone down on his back when he opened the car door. It hurt his eyes. Running a hand through thick, ginger locks he fixed his eyes on the building towering above him.

He took a step forward, his head still spinning and his back still aching. He walked into the building piqued by the fact that he was called in so unbelievably early, though he of course had found a loophole to this that he'd planned to use again later; heavy traffic.

His gaze was now locked on the lustrous glass doors that stood proudly anchored to the building. He lumbered towards the door, too tired to stand completely upright.

Groggily he reached out for the door handle and made a messy entrance. Luckily he no longer reeked of alcohol (or sex) so he didn't draw too much attention to himself. Groaning, he walked towards the elevator.

The ascent was rocky and it did his headache no good, so when he got out he was all the more unbalanced. Still, he managed to make it to Mori's office without falling down.

The door creaked as he opened it only slightly to make sure Mori was inside. After spotting the man in his seat, he walked in and waved at him, his hair still managing to appear disheveled despite his attempts at slicking it down.

"Sit there." Mori gestured at cushioned chair to the right of him. Chuuya simply sat, too exhausted to protest even the pang that shot up his back when he did so.

"Why are you so late?" He asked, barely looking up at his paperwork to give Chuuya a condescending glare.

"You really don- agh! I mean- there was a lot of traffic on the way over here." Mori sighed and picked up a pen from the edge of his desk to sign something.

"Like you have any regard for traffic laws." He huffed, the ghost of a smirk dawdling on his lips.

"I don't really have any work for you today." He continued, his voice taunting and tasteless.

"Then why the hell did you call me in so early?" His hand clenched into a fist out of habit but he stopped himself before doing anything too rash.

"Whatever." Chuuya sighed, pushing his chair in and bowing to Mori. He cracked the door open an inch before realizing he'd forgotten something.

He turned back around.

"Have you got a lighter I could borrow?" He asked turning to face Mori and extending his hand. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small metal lighter. He handed it to Chuuya whom only took it and kept walking.

He went back down the stairs and the halls and the elevator to get back outside because there it was, just a little bit cooler, a little bit less stuffy than inside. The breeze had barely begun to blow and it tousled his curls along with the leafs that were sitting tranquilly minutes ago.

He reached into his coat pocket and dug out a pack of cigarettes, their smell was strong and upon opening the carton they'd already begun to work their magic. Though he was lacking in money, he still bought a pack of the expensive cigarettes which were ironically the only things that seemed to work nowadays, he cursed his expensive tastes.

He grabbed one with his teeth and held the lighter too it. Taking a long drag of it and chewing on the tipping paper, a habit he'd yet to shake. He felt it's body between his fingers, the white paper shun without a speck of dust littering it, his gloves were always, always clean.

He took another drag, a longer one now. His mind had finally stopped racing and he thanked whatever higher power there was for cigarettes that worked.

"Oh, that shortie?" Chuuya looked up and met eyes with a tall brunet whose neck and arms were covered in bandages.

"Excuse me?" He raised a brow, now completely ready to fight the man, he slammed his cigarette into the ashtray.

"Haha, sorry it's just that you're so- so-" he said in between laughs. Chuuya gritted his teeth.

"I fucking dare you to finish that sentence." He growled inching closer to the man with a scowl. The brunet threw his hands up in surrender and the man next to him winced. Chuuya assumed this was the rookie he was to train.

"Sorry, sorry! My name's Dazai, I'm just going to assume you're Chuuya..." He crossed his arms purposefully looking down dramatically just to be an asshole.

"Yup." He spoke with every intention of obliterating this man on the spot.

Chuuya ran a hand through his hair and walked away. He truthfully just wanted to go home and sleep for as long as he could since he had no work to do anyways.

"Now then, let's get along! We'll be working together from now on, right?!" He followed behind closely. Chuuya scoffed, he only wanted one thing.

"Yeah, sure. See you tomorrow." He waved walking to his car without even getting so much as a goodbye in return. Dazai walked back into the building with a grin and they parted ways.

___

I'll be back soon for chapter 3 lol thanks for clicking on this story, it means a lot to me!