My Dad hasn't contacted me since I saw him over the break. He told me when the school year was over he'd start showing me the ropes. I was confident on doing it but after Damien's outlash I was feeling less confident, I know it would take time away from us but we're gonna be adults that's just how it is when your grow up? You get jobs, a career, so it's like the same thing....

If I asked Damien to stop being in the mafia he wouldn't do it, so why should I? Right? Though it's not like I'm really in the mafia... not officially right?

I waited for Damien to come out onto the field, I've been watching his practices more. It's a bit weird to watch, it's as if I'm cheering for him as his.. boyfriend. It's a bit strange to think about, it's my first time to have a relationship like this. I don't hate it, I actually really like it.

Damien came out onto the field, he looked... upset. Really upset, like I'm gonna kill someone upset. Craven followed him from behind and he was bleeding from his lip, did they fight? Why would they fight? What did Craven say to provoke that? Damien has never said anything negative about craven but he's never brought him up period, nor have I to him.

The practice was brutal... it was cut short for Damien who was told to go cool his head off. He was tackling dudes like he was chasing them down for the kill. There was something seriously wrong, especially since he was avoiding my eye contact. I got off the bleachers and followed him sneakily into the locker room, hoping nobody noticed.

"Hey are you ok? Did you fight with craven" I asked seriously walking towards him while he pulled his polo off. He didn't look at me, he just stood still as if he was trying to think. I reached out for him and he grabbed my hand tightly, he was still angry from whatever they talked about.

"If you can't tell me I'm gonna ask Craven" I said seriously, I don't care if craven beats my ass over it. I don't like the idea of my half brother and my boyfriend fighting.

"We should take a break" he blurted out and my mouth went agape. Out of all the things I expected him to say, that wasn't one of them. Is he joking?

"Haha funny joke, nice one Damien" I said mockingly and he gave me a sad look, an uncommon expression on him. He was being serious.

"W-what do you mean a break! You were just begging to get back together a week ago, the fuck is with you?" My temper rose, recently I could barely control it. Before I used to cower when Damien would walk by and now I don't hold back.

"I didn't say break up- we just need to be-" he bit back at me as if trying to figure out the words to me. As if he himself didn't know what he wanted.

"You told me you never wanted me to leave your side, was that a lie?" I demanded and he rubbed the bridge of his nose. He's doing it again, acting like I'm just some kid- he goes from acting like a teenager to acting like some grown man.

"You don't understand-" he tried to go on, almost desperately; he cut himself off. As if he became aware of something, his eyes glazed over and he went back to his old stoic blank slate self.

"We need a break. Things have come up" his voice lost any type of emotion, it was like he was pushing me out. Closing his walls up, but for what? Why? I thought we just resolved this why is it happening again?

"Damien whatever it is we can just figure it out ok, but we can't if you don't fucking tell me" I said trying to keep it together but my eyes were watering, what the fuck did Craven at say to him?

"This isn't something you can fix" he snapped at me, his eyes dark and glaring and tears ran down my eyes. I think it took him off guard because he softened up, now he was worried. He reached out for me and I slapped his hand.

"Your right, this thing was a mistake from the beginning. I get it" was all I said and I walked out. Why is this happening again, we're breaking up again. A 'break' fuck that I know what it means.

Was I misreading him? Am I missing something? I'm sick of being left in the dark; I'm not a child anymore.

Right?

••••
Hi!
Yea....
Well here's another chapter!
It's getting kinda repetitive right? My bad, but good things are coming! (Not really)

But thanks for reading! I won't make you guys wait toooo long for the next chapter... maybe?

Also if u see any bad typos let me know 😓