13

Spencer is hesitant to say anything but he pulls Hotch aside, they have a brief conversation, exchanging a couple of words. Hotch is concerned. You know Spencer isn't telling you who it is for a reason.

He knows that you'll know who it is and do something stupid but the anticipation is killing you.

You watch them as they converse, Hotch walks to the other teams members while Spencer walks over to you.

"What did he say?" you ask.

"He said, he's gonna round up the team so that we can investigate this and fine him, but you are not allowed on the field. Neither am I."

"What? I'm not allowed to find the son of a bitch that's doing this to our family?"

"I'm not allowed either. Hotch knows either of us might do something stupid if we go onto the field."

"I need to protect the family."

"We are."

The entire team gets rounded up and goes in the conference room, you aren't allowed in there.

All you can do is sit at your desk while you watch your teammates glance at from the window. This whole thing is messing with you so bad. You don't know what to do.

You decide to go to the kitchen where the kids are.

"Mom, what's going on?" Madi asks.

You don't want to worry them, plus they are too young to know what it mean. This must be scary for them though.

You sit down with them at the table.

"Nothing is going on, I just felt like bringing you all here today."

They were given coloring books, you decide to color with them. You pick up a color book and take a couple of colored pencils out of the box.

"I'm gonna call your schools and tell them you aren't coming to school in a couple of days."

"Why?" Madi asks.

"Because we have time off of work, why can't you guys? Is that cool?"

"Yeah, I would rather not go to school anyway."

"Honey, I'm sorry. I wish I could make things easier for you."

"At least you're supporting me."

Kate chimes in to the conversation, "I like school."

"You do?" you say in a nice tone.

"Yeah, I like math but sometimes it's hard."

You and the kids have random conversations to distract them. You talk about their favorite things and foods and school and joke around with them a bit.

You like these moments even if it is even in the middle of all this.

You barely get to talk to the kids and have fun with them. After we're done with our color pages, we show them to each other.

You can't help but keep glancing over to the conference room.

You make eye contact with one of them every single time you look over. Madi is smart, she knows. She's a natural born psychologist, very good at reading people.

She's turning nine and in middle school.

Sometimes you wish she wasn't that smart because she's already at an adult level of maturity, you don't want a young child to be that way. You want her to be a child and act like one.

You glance over to the team, you can see them talking. You wish they would stop looking at you but then again you can't stop looking at them.

All of them get up, the entire team comes out of the room and you stand up. JJ goes to stay with the kids, she's coloring with them.

Spencer goes up to you, "stay here with the kids. I'll be back."

"You fucking think I'm gonna let you go out there to find someone that wants to kill you without me?"

Morgan walks up to you, "you're gonna need to stay here either way."

"No, JJ can't stay with the kids. I'm going unless you want to drag me out of the fucking car."

The team looks at each other.

You all go out of the building and get into the two seperate SUVs.

You have no clue where you two are going but you suspect that Garcia gave the coordinates to one of them because Morgan keeps checking his phone.

You arrive at a warehouse.

You're confused about why someone would ask him to meet at a warehouse.

You run out of SUV, Morgan and Spencer hold you back from running into the warehouse.

"Stop!" Morgan yells.

Emily comes over, "you are trained for this. Treat it like any normal situation, it wouldn't be smart to send one of the agents in there."

You stop trying to break free from their arms.

You go up to Spencer and push him, "who the fuck is it?"

"I can't tell you."

"Who is it?!" you keep pushing his but he just looks down at you calmly. Emily gets in front of Spencer, facing you.

"Calm down!"

You take a deep breath and walk away.

You secretly look for a way in the building while the team thinks you're "cooling down."

who does yall think it is tho😳?