𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗

Start from the beginning

I looked pretty decent, with 5 minutes to spare. I decided to just sit by the couch in the living area and wait for Harry, I'm assuming he won't take long since he's a sucker for time and hates being late to things.

And at exactly 2pm, someone knocks on the door. My brows furrow at this, doesn't he have a key. I walk up to the door, taking a deep breath and opening it.

"Did you forget your key- Helene?" The petite blonde was standing before me, a wide smile on her face and a bottle of wine in her hand.

"Girls day?" She suggests, and I smile but frown right after because I couldn't.

"Helene, as much as I want to, H and I are going sight-seeing today." I pout, and she nods understandingly.

"We can reschedule! Don't worry about it, McKenna." She waves off, but I still invite her in, she could keep me company while waiting for Harry.

"So, where are you off to?" She asks as she takes a seat on the sofa, I decide to stand, not wanting to ruin my dress. Shouldn't he be here by now?

"Well, he mentioned seeing the Eiffel Tower, but that's it." I shrug, and she nods, but her brows furrowed right after.

"What time did you guys say you'd meet up?" She asks, her brows furrowed and her head tilted to the side.

"He said 2, but I think he's meeting some friends so I guess he's running a little late." I shrug, and Helene just nods.

Helene smiles at me sympathetically when I decided to sit down, we've been waiting for about an hour now, and as time goes by my heart breaks a little more.

"Babe, do you wanna rethink that girls day?" She asks, and I shook my head, he's coming, I know he is.

"Okay Kenna, I'll be in my room if you need me." She places a hand on my shoulder and I smile up at her. Soon I was alone, waiting for Harry to come pick me up so we could get going.

An hour soon turned to two hours, I couldn't handle fighting off my tears anymore, they were now free falling. Maybe I shouldn't have declined girl's night with Helene.

He's not coming, I thought to myself as the clock strikes from 4:59 to 5:00pm. I angrily wiped my tears and decide that I'll just spend the day with Helene. I changed from my dress into a hoodie and some sleep shorts, I'm going to get wine drunk with Helene, and probably cry my eyes out.

 I changed from my dress into a hoodie and some sleep shorts, I'm going to get wine drunk with Helene, and probably cry my eyes out

---------------------i'm terribly sorry for the super short chaper, this is kind of just a filler and a bit of an explanation as to what happened 👀

i'm terribly sorry for the super short chaper, this is kind of just a filler and a bit of an explanation as to what happened 👀

(also, just to clarify! kenna speaks both french and spanish to her parents, her mother is french and her father is spanish!)

anyway, i hope you guys are still enjoying my story, and i remember telling myself that if people read my story, my goal would probably be around 15k reads and we did it 🥺 i'm so happy that we've finally reached my goal!!!

moving on, this book has about 10-15 more chapters left! just a quick heads up! and at around the 3rd to the last chapter of this book, i will release a new one, so please follow me (if you dont already) to see my next book (you'll love it, i promise!)

all my love,
savannah x