Chapter 2: High IQ For The Twins

ابدأ من البداية

"I know... a joke." Stevie said and Wendy smiled. "Yeah? Okay." Malcolm said edging him to tell the joke.

"A guy...goes...into...a bar...and...he...has...a...frog on his..." Stevie started saying in between breaths. Wendy smiled in amusement at the joke since she's already heard about this one.

"Frog on his head." Wendy said helping the poor kid out. Stevie nodded in appreciation.

"On his head. And the...bartender...Wait, I screwed up." Stevie stated. He was annoyed he screwed up the joke. Especially in front of the prettiest girl he has ever seen. He began to say his joke over. "A frog...goes into...a bar." Stevie started to say all over again before Malcolm decided to change the subject.

"You want to watch TV?" Malcolm asked desperately. Wendy would love to watch tv if it would help break the awkwardness. Stevie had a sad look on his face.

"Can't. Not allowed." He said sadly, making Wendy's eyes widen. "What? You mean, ever?" Malcolm asked as Wendy said something as well. "So you've never watched tv?" She asked.

"Mom says...TV makes you...stupid." He said. Wendy rolled her eyes. "No, tv makes you normal." Malcolm said making Wendy nod in agreement. "You can actually learn a lot of stuff from TV." She mentioned. How can they not let him watch tv? She wondered.

"What do you do all day then? If you can't watch tv." Wendy asked. This is the most progress they've made so far.

"Mostly...read...comics." Stevie said. Wendy's eyes widened in excitement. She absolutely loved comic books, as did her twin. "You have comic books?" Malcolm and Wendy both asked simultaneously.
Stevie nodded and wheeled towards his closest door, that held all his comic books in. Wendy got up from the bed, Malcolm following behind her.

"Whoa!" Malcolm said in awe. He grabbed his favorite one. "You really have Youngblood, number one?" He asked. Stevie nodded.

"Want to...read it?" Stevie asked. Malcolm shook his head. "No way, I'd wreck it." He said.

"Did you read the last Savage Dragon when they split him in two?" Wendy asked joining in the conversation. "Yeah. Brilliant." Stevie said smiling. Finally a girl who loves comic books as much as him.

"I like how he never has to learn a lesson or anything. He just gets to pound on everyone." Malcolm said as the other two kept staring at each other, while Malcolm continues to talk about comic books.

In this exact moment. Wendy Wilkerson made the best decision of becoming friends with Stevie as she knew he would always be apart of her life. Either as friends or something more in the future.
***

It was finally Saturday morning. All the Wilkerson kids were on the couch watching tv. Their mother Lois half naked was rummaging in the dryer. Most likely trying to find a bra.

"Damn!" She yelled out of frustration. "You kids, keep this house clean till your dad comes home." Lois said before walking towards the fridge. "Three of you can have slices of pizza for lunch, the other one can have I don't know, I think their peas." Lois said. Wendy made a face of disgust. I better get pizza or I'll starve myself. Wendy thought. The phone then rings.

"Somebody get that." Lois said. Immediately all three boys said not me. Making Wendy having to answer the phone. Wendy picked up the phone and held it to her ear. "Hello?" She said. She heard the familiar voice of her older brother Francis.

"Why hello Princess Wendy." Francis said making Wendy smile. "Francis, hi!" She said making her siblings try to listen in, which resulted in them being slapped.

"Hey, I wrote you all a really long letter yesterday but, listen, they only gave me, like, three minutes, so would you please put the special prosecutor on?" Francis said his tone of voice slightly nervous.