-9-

Today, Rahul witnessed one the most precious moments in his entire life. Dramatic, truly. But that was what he sincerely felt the moment his tired eyes caught a young woman -around his age, he guessed- standing in a yellow raincoat, under the drizzling rain.

Well not really just standing, this particular person is chasing after a cat. Rahul was very fascinated by the sight so he stayed in his car close enough to watch the scene.

Without realizing, Rahul was chuckling as he can see the cat jumped into the bushes and hide behind it. But the raincoat girl is very persistent. Rahul could almost feel the struggle as the raincoat woman stretched her delicate hands to grab the cat. Not flinching when the pointy branches stabbed her skins.

"Is she trying to save the cat from the rain?" Rahul said to himself, his face still sporting an amused grin. There's no one in the park, because of course, it's raining. A part of him felt a little bad seeing the bright raincoat moving in and out the bushes for the cat. He wanted to step out and help but he feared that it would scare this person, so he thinks it's wise for him to stay.
Rahul was silently cheering for this raincoat girl when she can finally grab the slender body of the cat. But the cat was very cunning, as if it slithered through her fingers and got deeper into the bushes. Rahul frowned at the scene. He was rooting for the girl. He leaned back and slumped on the car seat. Chuckling at himself for being so captivated by such a simple scene.

Just a few hours ago, he stormed out of his office. Feeling suffocated because of the piling files and folders, on his sleek black table and also in his ipad. For once he wanted to get out of the skyscraper building and just take a breather.

His job demands him to block out any interference and just focuses on flourishing the company his father had handed upon him.
Seeing how stressed he was, his secretary, Sam advised him to go out to the nearest park, sip a coffee at any cafe, visit a bookstore or do whatever that can take his mind off from everything, even for a little while. Rahul gladly took his advice. 

At first he was pretty disappointed because even the weather didn't agree that he should take a rest. He was planning on walking on the park before he heads out for a cup of coffee. The rain halts his plan. So now he just sat in his car while watching a certain girl, in a bright yellow raincoat chasing a cat.

Except now, she managed to hold the cat securely in her arms.
Rahul jolted up from the slump position because he felt giddy that the girl succeeded. His face lights up as he can see the girl opening the front part of the raincoat and she puts the cat inside of it, she is cradling the cat like a baby and making sure the animal is warm and dry. Though Rahul suspected that the cat is actually drenched with how much the rain is pouring down.

Shaking his head, he kept on watching the girl interact with the cat. She was patting the cat's bottom like coaxing a little child. Rahul was wondering about his fluffy dog, Lia. The one that his mom has been taking care of ever since he was appointed as the CEO. he doesn't have the time anymore.

Bet Lia forgot who he is by now.

For some reason, Rahul didn't care to drive away, back to his building or maybe off to any cafes. He still fixed on the raincoat girl. He took this moment to reflect on how fast-paced his life was. From meetings, to presentation, to dinner with business partners. He barely had time for himself, barely took a moment to appreciate mundane things anymore. He wished he could just skip a day and go wherever he wanted to go. Do whatever he pleases to. Maybe chasing a cat in the rain.

He decided to drive away, and let the girl have her own moment.
Rahul just drove around the corner, still close to the park, where there is a quaint coffee shop. Not many people are inside and Rahul was salivated by the pastries and bread displayed on the glass box inside of the coffee shop. Just as he stepped inside, the smell of sweet and fresh baked pastries with the strong aroma of coffee hit his nose. He loves this shop already. The arrays of big muffins caught his eyes first, there's banana muffin, chocolate muffin, blueberry muffin and orange muffin. Smacking his lips, he couldn't decide which one he wanted. Rahul glanced hesitantly at the barista as he looks very concentrated while making his cappuccino. The irony of a CEO but still so shy at ordering his own food.

The rush sounds of the door being opened makes Rahul stand up straight.

"Lee." the barista clicked his tongue while he was still focusing on making the art on Rahul's coffee. He sounds annoyed at the distraction, so Rahul turned around to see what it is.

"Shake your wet raincoat outside, please." the barista speaks up again.

"Sorry Noah," at the sound of your voice, Rahul was snapped from a trance. it was her. the yellow raincoat girl, in the rain, chasing the cat.

Rahul's mouth slowly spread into a beautiful smile at her sight. He was a hopeless romantic, he believed in love at first sight. and right now, here she stood, ruffling the wet strands of her hair, smiling blindingly towards the barista.

"get back here kid, dry yourself first. I'll make you your usual after I'm done with this gentleman's order." Noah jutted his lips towards Rahul. who still stands solid but feeling weak at the knees as her eyes locked on him. God her smile.

Rahul is a goner.

...

"That's it? That's your speech Rahul?" Lee softly yanked his hand, pulling him closer. Rubbing her nose to his and she could slowly see his irises expand and his cute giggle.

"That was how we met though. It's special to me." Rahul whined. his free hand is busy caressing her side, up and down. Slotting himself in between her dangling legs as she sat on top of the kitchen counter.

It was a perfect Sunday evening. Lee wanted to make dinner and he was busy tweaking his wedding speech as the date is around the corner. Rahul wanted to make sure Lee agreed with the story, so he decided to read some to her. Unbeknownst to Lee, he actually read this just for Lee and him. the rest of the speech is for the other audience at their wedding later. this is his moment with his sweet, cat loving fiancée. Lee.

"Huumm you're so romantic-" Lee whispered.

"For you," Rahul sneaked a kiss while she was still talking, eliciting a laughter from her. "i'm gonna have to thank the yellow raincoat too I guess. And the cat Snowy."

yes. I WANTED TO BE THE CAT OF THE STORY

FUCK YOU.

:D comment. Vote. Follow

solopatata  dankdisco 1964ghxst -runawayfanatic