First Year - Ron and Hermione's Plan

Start from the beginning

"Yes, very traumatizing Ron," Hermione scoffed, "Maybe someone is trying to establish friendly relations to try enhance the home like feeling of Hogwarts. I think its a rather good idea myself."

"You only think that because –" Ron was cut off by Hermione giving him sharp kick in the shin, "Um...because youre a...um...friendly person, Hermione!"

Harry gave them both funny looks, but before he could question them, they were interrupted by a loud cheering that had suddenly filled the room. Fred and George had successfully turned their friend's pet, a large hairy tarantula into a larger, hairier tarantula. Ron, his face white as a sheet, and he bolted up the boys dormitory stairs. Harry and Hermione laughed, but quickly stopped when the large spider turned their way, stepping over the now screaming Gryffindors towards the warm fire, right where they were sitting. They quickly realized their mistake and ran after Ron up the staircase, screaming at the top of their lungs hysterically.

*

Finally, after enduring more and more of Malfoy's stares, Saturday evening arrived. Harry, Ron and Hermione headed to the unused Charms classroom on the second floor, which was where the party was being held. The room was covered in green, brown, and red banners, streamers and sparkling lights. Old desks lined the walls, covered in a small feast of food that Ron had gotten from Fred and George. There were large jugs of pumpkin juice, which Hermione had spiked earlier with a simple truth serum.

"What's with the brown?" Hermione whispered to Ron, pulling him away from Harry, who was talking to an uninterested Dean about his new broom.

"Thats the colour red and green make when theyre mixed together!" said Ron proudly.

"It looks a bit dirty," Hermione said pointedly, "Maybe we should change it to something brighter."

"No, its fine. I like it! Its too late to change it now anyway," Ron said, pulling her onto the makeshift dance floor in the middle of the room, "Come on, lets dance for a bit."

The Gryffindors and Slytherins mingled awkwardly, some attempting conversation before making up excuses and moving away to their own houses. Eventually, Hermione suggested to play truth or dare to try break the ice. Everyone agreed, as most were bored, and the purebloods wanted to see what 'truth or dare' was. After the rules were explained to everyone they sat down in a big circle, Gryffindors on one side, Slytherins on the other.

"So, any volunteers to start it off?" Hermione asked, but an awkward silence followed, "Okay, well, I'll start. Um Seamus? Truth or dare?"

Seamus, looking shocked mumbled, "Erm...truth."

"Um...was it you who set fire to Ron's favorite pajamas?" Hermione asked, trying to hide her grin.

"Yeah, sorry mate," Seamus said, nodding to Ron. Ron went rather pink but didnt move. All the circle giggled.

Seamus then dared Dean to eat a whole bowl of chocolate frogs, which pleased many of the card collectors. Soon the game was moving along quite quickly. The Slytherins dared the Gryffindors to do ridiculous dares, such as running naked into the freezing lake, and being daring Gryffindors they were, didn't back down. The Gryffindors asked the Slytherins embarrassing questions, revealing weird and funny secrets about the Slytherins common room. Soon the whole group was laughing and teasing each other like good friends. The dare and truth started to reveal secrets crushes, such as Neville's embarrassing crush on Hermione, which made Ron turn a strange purple colour. When the game came back to Hermione, she looked at Ron, who nodded.

"Harry, truth or dare?"

Harry, wanting to look brave and, well, daring said, "Dare."

"I dare you to um...kiss Malfoy. For two minutes...tongue and all"

Harry looked shocked and turned a violent shade of pink. He gulped, stood up, and walked over to where the pale blond sat. All the blood had drained from Malfoy's face, contrasting to Harry's bright red one. Harry sat timidly down in front of Malfoy, and Pansy and Blaise moved either side to make room for him.

"Erm...S-sorry 'bout this," Harry mumbled, leaning forward. Malfoy shivered as Harrys warm breath brushed his face. Then Harrys lips met his and instantly melted into him, kissing his as passionately has an eleven-year-old could, tongue and all. Harrys lips were soft and sweet from the numerous chocolate frogs hed seen him eat earlier. The boys didnt break away after the time passed two minutes, not even when Ron tried to alert them that they had an audience by coughing loudly. The rest of the party began to awkwardly move away, back to the food and the dance floor. Harry and Draco eventually broke apart, both grinning like idiots.

"No need to be sorry, Potter," Malfoy said softly, "I've wanted to do that all year."

Harrys grin widened, and he stood up, pulling Draco with him, "Really? I didnt notice," Harry teased, "I though you were staring at me in hatred." He laughed, then leaned closer, "Come on, lets dance."

Draco and Harry danced all night, much to the amusement of the rest of the party. Hermione and Ron stood in a corner, grinning like Cheshire cats, very pleased with their successful plan. After that, the rest of the party seemed to get along better, the truth or dare game providing a good icebreaker.

*

Epilogue (kinda cheesy so you don't have to read):

From thereon after the Saturday night parties with the Slytherin and Gryffindor first years became a tradition, and they were soon joined by Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff too. In their second year the parties became Quidditch tournaments, as they were all excited to try out their now allowed brooms. Each Saturday night, Harry and Draco would sneak away to some dark corner or out to the grounds to sit and talk, if they had time between all the kissing.

The tradition continued in their third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh years. The other year groups marveled at the friendships between all the houses, even between Gryffindor and Slytherin. At meals they'd jump from table to table, everyone mixing, much to the disgust of Snape, who sadly banned the act. But this only promoted it and soon there wasn't any 'house tables'. And, as Hermione had said, it really did enhance the homely feeling of Hogwarts that made everyone feel loved.

So that's it! Bit short sorry and super cheesy at the end. Anyway, please like and comment with and suggestions or anything (I love to read the comments btw). Thx, luvluna.