Chapter thirteen

After an additional two hours of discussion, the meeting was finally dismissed. I had disclosed everything to the Alpha, Luna, and Kelsey. All the details had been hammered out and I was never so glad to get out of a meeting. Luna Isabella was a huge help as she kept Charlie until after school the next day. Kelsey dragged her father off to buy the basics for Charlie and I. Instead of going along with them, I trudged to my barren room for a date with my bed.

That was the plan but as always nothing goes as imagined. I was tackled to the ground from behind by someone obviously bigger than me. In my state of panic, Selene pushed forward and took control. She used our magic to lift the assailant off of us and dropped him to the ground several feet away. We turned to face the attacker and were shocked to find someone we knew. Selene retreated back into our shared consciousness as Both of us rose to our feet.

"What the hell are you doing, Carson?" I shouted but when he looked at me I saw his blood red eyes. In front of my eyes he shifted into a different person. He grew another half a foot and his soft features melted into a chiseled jaw, button nose, thin lips, and a scar across his right eye and brow. His clothes changed into a pair of black leather pants, a white T-shirt, and a black leather vest.

"I thought that was obvious! I am trying to kill the one and only moon Goddess!" he answered in a deep distorted voice that had Samantha push forward. When I didn't allow her to come out, she pushed her emotions forward. I felt how frustrated, empathetic, hurt, and compassionate she felt. I could also feel the love in her heart and it suffocated me as I tried to side step another of his attacks. He missed by a narrow margin, only a scratch to my chest with his tallon like fingernails.

"What the hell, Sam?" I internally groaned as the pain erupted from the minimal slashed.

"Killlian, I need for you to put your trust in me and let me have control! Please, I need to talk to that Shayton! You have to let me out! If you don't, he will kill us without ever knowing the truth!" Samantha pleaded and I felt her tears as though they were my own. Her desperation was as clear as day. However, the guy in front of us didn't look like he wanted to chat. I pushed her worries and thoughts aside and crouched, ready to defend myself. I felt like an asshole but I couldn't let us die just as things were getting good for us.

"Wait! Killian, I think you should let Samantha do this! I know that she can handle this." Selene interjected and I thought about it for a bit too long. The carson in front of us lunged and took us back to the floor. He raised his fist but I wasted no time and flipped him off of us.

"If this goes south, I will blame you for eternity, Selene." I replied and relinquished control to the impatient Samantha. Pain shot through us as she took over.

Selene's POV

I knew that the others could feel the pain as I focused my energy. We needed for me to shift into my true form. I grew out my hair, grew taller, and my features changed to be more feminine. I felt my body adjust to being a female instead of male and it was an odd sensation. I was crouched into the 'superhero landing' pose with my head lowered to hide who I was until the last moment. Killians clothes were torn when we shifted as I was taller and was more curved. However, my clothes appeared as smoke as it formed on my boy as a black corset and a black leather mini skirt. My bat like wings sprung from my back to complete the shift. I pulled them back into my back and stood with a soft smile on my lips as I looked into Dalan's eyes.

"S-Samantha?" he called out as he walked a few steps closer. I nodded and smiled bigger, glad that he recognized me after all these years. He launched himself at me and we fell to the floor. He held me close to him as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"How- Why- I missed you so much..." He mumbled against my shoulder. I rubbed his back as I heard Killian say 'What the fuck?' in our mind. I would have laughed but I was too focused on him, on my Dalan.

"I missed you too, Dan. So much..." I replied and he held onto me tighter like I would disappear if he didn't.

"Why are you with the moon Goddess?" Dalan asked after a few minutes. I knew he would ask and I knew I needed a good answer.

"That is a long story but first, I think that we should head up to my room. If anyone saw you in this form, they would not hesitate to attack." I suggested and he nodded before he climbed off of me. He helped me up and we walked to my room. As soon as we walked into my bedroom, he sat on one of the chairs across from the bed, where I took a seat.

"You were there when we chose our hosts. We both thought they were just human but mine turned out to be so much more as you know. He is part moon Goddess, part Warlock, and part Vardiya. Now he is part Shayton thanks to me. He accepted me and I have accepted him. I have ever accepted his other guides, including the moon Goddess." I answered his earlier question and he stared at me. His red eyes contained may emotions as they held my own.

"You accepted her? After all that she has done?" He asked with disbelief clear in his voice.

"Yes, I did and I did it with no regrets. None of them have given me a single reason to even dislike them. Especially Killian, he is so small but so strong. He is empathetic, kind, cautious, and fiercely loyal. If you had the chance, I bet you would like him to." I answered and he looked away from me.

"In fact, it is time he meets you. Do not kill this boy or I will kill you. I may love you but he has earned my loyalty." I added as I stepped back from control.

Killians POV

"Love you too Sam but why did you throw me under the bus like that?" I internally shouted as I took control of our body. To say it felt odd was an understatement. Not only was I in a woman's body but I was in barely any clothes. I grabbed the throw blanket from the end of my bed and wrapped it around myself.

"You must be Killian?" I hear the baritone voice ask and shivered. Her body reacted strongly to his voice. It was then I realized he must be her chosen mate.

"Yes, I am the person you tried to kill earlier." I responded and saw a flash of guilt flash in his eyes. I was however confused by the highness of my voice. I had still expected to hear my voice, not Samantha's.

"I did not know that you were Samantha's host. I would have never harmed her." he responded and I frowned.

"So you would have killed me without question if I didn't have her within me?" I asked, though I already knew the question.

"Yes, the Goddess needs to be punished and you have her within you." he answered but I didn't understand. I furrowed my brows as I brushed away the long hair that now hung around my shoulders.

"What did the Goddess do that was so bad?" I asked. I needed to know what happed in order to solve this annoying issue.