Chapter II

“Oh my god, you know you can’t wear that.” Jesse said to Kenneth when she rode on Mrs. Collins car. “Good morning Jessie.” Mrs. Collins greets her. “Good morning Mrs. Collins.”
“You can’t wear that.” Jesse repeated to Kenneth who is wearing a pony tail to tie his hair. “Just get a haircut.” Jesse said to Kenneth. “Jessie’s right dear.” Mrs. Collins said to Kenneth. “But this is my rock star hair.” Kenneth says to them. “Oh god.” Jesse comments. “And you wonder why you’re unpopular?” Jesse jokes to Kenneth. “Oh low blow.” Kenneth said to her and Jesse pulls her tongue out. The two reached the school, Kenneth and Jesse said good bye to Kenneth’s mom.
“Is that.” Jesse said when she sees Valorie, Kenneth sees Valorie too, Kenneth made a face and Jesse laughs at him. “Shut up.” Kenneth said and placed his arm on Jesse shoulder. “Get your arm off me if you don’t want me to break that.” Jesse said to Kenneth. “Naah.” Kenneth said playfully and dragged Jesse inside their school campus.

“By the way, I can’t make it to lunch.” Kenneth tells her. “What?! Why?” Jesse groans. “Band practice.” Kenneth explained, Jesse frowns at him. Jesse never enjoyed eating alone, because that means she’s going to have to share tables with people who already have a group of friends, which will end up awkward.  “I hate you.” Jesse said to him which made Kenneth smile some more, Jesse hates that smile, it reminds her of The Joker—or maybe she doesn’t hate it, she actually loves The Joker, she just doesn’t like it when Kenneth does it. “If we end band practice early maybe I can catch up with you, but I can’t promise that.” Kenneth says to her. “I still hate you regardless.” Jesse said to him. “I’ll treat you lunch next time.” Kenneth said and walked off. “Bye, Jessie.” Kenneth yelled before he completely ran off. “Bye.” Jesse whispered to herself.

Jesse proceeds to her class, there are four subjects before lunch break and she kept glancing at Kenneth's empty seat. "Mr. Collins?" their teacher calls out and looks at Kenneth's seat. "Absent." their teacher said. "Uh, no, he's at band practice." Jesse explains. "Oh." their teacher said and erased what he just wrote.

Meanwhile, Kenneth was practicing with his band mates when one of them announced for a break. "Yow, Ken let's take a break." his band mate tells him, Kenneth glances on the clock. "You guys can go ahead." Kenneth told them and continued learning the chords.

It was lunch break, Jesse frowns because Kenneth did not make it, she's disappointed and hungry. Jesse decided to just eat as quickly as she can then storm Kenneth in the music room and give him hell slash hang out with him. Jesse lined up for the food, looked around the cafeteria if Kenneth decided to show up, paid for her food, still no sight of Kenneth, and then she looks around for an empty seat. She walks around and found an empty table, which may look sad but at least it's not awkward, she doesn't have to sit with a group of people and feel totally left out.

Just when Jesse is about to start eating her worse fear happened, and it was the worse of the worse! The group of friends who sat with her are no ordinary girls, it was Macy's group of friends. Jesse don't hate them but they tend to put people in an awkward situation because they are popular and they live in a different bubble. "Hi Jesse!" Macy greets her and Jesse forced a smile at her.

"Mind if we sit?" Macy asks her. "No not at all." Jesse said but her brain is screaming 'yes'. Macy and her friends which Jesse can't recall the names of started talking about their boyfriends, oh god. Jessie mentally yells, why is having a boyfriend such a trend?!

"Jesse?" Macy calls her.

"Uh yes?" Jesses answered, snapping her from her train of thoughts.

"I was just wondering if you have a boyfriend?" Macy asks her with a smile Jesse wanted to rip from her pretty face, Macy's friends laughs.