Chapter 6: Leaving Home

Start from the beginning

"Nice one Amora," Belle smirked as Aaron cleaned his jumper off.

"Have you guys finished packing?" Aaron asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Crap! No I still need to, I'll be right back," Amora gasped, running out of the Great Hall with a piece of toast in her mouth. She dashed through multiple hallways, retracing the familiar path from the Great Hall to the Slytherin Common Rooms. She looked down for a moment to check and see that her piece of toast was still in her hand. She then looked up and ran smack into a blur of navy blue. They both fell and hit the floor with a loud thud.

"Oh ouch..." Amora groaned rolling over. She rolled face to face with the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain, Roger Davies.

"Hey LeStrange," the boy with brown curly hair smirked. Amora's face reddened when she realized she was just inches from his face. The boy stood up before offering Amora a friendly hand up, one she accepted kindly.

"Davies," Amora muttered politely. She rarely talked to him and if they did it was only quick conversations in Potions or Divination.

"I have a really good feeling you have somewhere to be," Roger smiled, nodding to the piece of toast in her hand.

"I haven't packed yet, but I'll see you later. Bye Roger!" she said before turning to leave.

"Hope I get to see more of you next year LeStrange," he smirked before continuing down the hallway. Amora raised a brow in confusion. More of me next year? She quickly shook the message from her head as she ran down the hallway to continue packing.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Here, let me get that for you."

Amora looked up and saw the familiar lopsided grin she had fallen for. She then looked up at the luggage she was trying to stuff in her compartment overhanging.

"Be my guest," she smirked as she let go of the luggage. She heard a loud crash and started laughing as she turned around and saw that her suitcase had fallen right on top of Cedric.

"Very funny," Cedric deadpanned, stuffing the suitcase away. He then suddenly leaped to his feet and ran after Amora. Amora's eyes widened as she started to run away, a shriek of fear leaving her lips. His arms locked around her waisted before he hoisted her over her shoulder and marched town the train hallway.

"Cedric! Put me down this instant!" she demanded, but her playful punches said otherwise.

"You're so dramatic," Cedric sighed, rolling his eyes. He carried her into their compartment where Rey was fast asleep in Aaron's arms. Ned, however, was drooling all over Belle's shoulder. Belle was not happy at all about this.

"Get this blithering idiot off of me!" Belle hissed at Ned.

"Hush! You're going to wake her up!" Aaron whisper shouted at Belle as he nodded his head to Rey. Rey was indeed fast asleep with Aaron's arm wrapped around her to hold her still.

"What is it with all of these sleepy Hufflepuffs?" Amora asked Cedric as they settled into their own seats. Cedric looked amused as Belle glared at Ned who was fast asleep on her shoulder.

"Dunno, beats me," he yawned before resting his head on Amora's lap. He then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, but Amora stayed awake. She stared longingly out the window as the train began to move and Hogwarts began to drift further and further away. This ride had been infamously called The Returning Home Journey, but why did she feel as though she was leaving her one true home?

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Amora! Get up! We're back!"
Amora opened her eyes slowly as her younger brother Tyler stared down at her. Draco stood impatiently outside of their door, glowering at the amount of Hufflepuffs that were seated.

"Oh, yes, just give us a moment and we'll be right out," she reassured him as everyone stirred awake. Tyler and Draco then disappeared as Amora heard a loud thud. She turned over and saw Belle staring daggers at a very confused Ned.

"That's what you get for falling asleep on me!" she hissed. Ned simply gave her a wide grin as Belle got to her feet.

She wrapped Amora in a tight hug before whispering, "Promise to write, okay?"

"Of course," Amora whispered back. Belle then gave her one last genuine smile before disappearing down the hallway.

"You'll write to us as well, right?" Rey asked, motioning to her and Ned.

"I would be stupid not to," Amora smirked.

"No, you're just stupid," Ned chuckled and Rey swatted him in the head.

Aaron then reached over for Rey's hand and tugged her out of the doorway.

"They better not be going to snog, god help me," Ned glowered before giving Amora one last hug and then disappearing down the hallway.

"Cedric? Ced, get up!" Amora nudged the sleepy Hufflepuff boy. He groggily opened his eyes and smiled instantly at the sight of Amora.

"Yes? What's going on?" he asked, confused.

"It's time to say goodbye," she smiled sadly. Cedric's face fell. He knew this was coming, but he wasn't ready to let go so soon.

"Promise to write?" he asked and Amora shook her head in disbelief.

"Of course I'm going to write to you, you're my boyfriend," she smiled. Cedric's expression melted into relief as he stared at the gorgeous girl in front of him sadly. She was going to miss him more than he would ever know, but she didn't want him to know that for that would only make him more sad. She pulled him in for one last kiss, and all of the feelings she had bottled up for him for a whole year spilled out in the form of the last passionate kiss for the year. When they pulled away, they stared at each other with not sadness, but happiness. Happiness for what was to come. Happiness for what had happened. Happiness for them.

"Goodbye dingus," Amora chuckled softly and Cedric shook his head playfully.

"Goodbye my love," Cedric said, standing to his feet. He gave Amora one last longing look, as if trying to engrave the image of her into his memory, before disappearing down the hall as the rest of them had.

Amora herself then departed from their train compartment and soon from the Hogwarts Express itself.

She looked around before a familiar voice cried out, "Amora!" Amora's face stretched into a wide grin before her favorite aunt tackled her in a hug.

"Hey Aunt Narcissa," Amora beamed hugging her aunt.

"Aunt Narcissa! Did you hear? Sirius Black escaped last night! On the stolen Hippogriff!" Tyler chattered excitedly.

"Bloody chicken," Draco muttered, pushing his trolley away.

"Amora," a cold voice spoke from behind her. Amora peeked over her aunt's shoulder and mustered a fake smile.

"Uncle Lucius. Pleasure to see you," Amora spoke quietly. Lucius gave her one last cold look before turning on his heel.

"Come, we best be on our way," he sneered. Amora and Aaron exchanged a look as they walked away from the Hogwarts Express and to another miserable summer.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: Whoo! Dang, sorry Ced and Amora, but it's summer time. Anyways, hope you are all enjoying this story! Please leave a vote, it means so much to me! Have a magical day! :)