Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Spend my days locked in a haze tryna forget you, babe! I fall back down! Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missing you."

"Staying in my play pretend," I joined in, "Where the fun ain't got no end.... can't go home along..." I trailed, getting lost at looking at Randall. He continued to stare at me and kept the cute little grin he always has on. (Stop video) I totally forgot where I was and I let Alyssa or Gabrielle to take over.

~~~~

I leaned against one of the pillars at the front of the den. I drank the rest of the concoction Hamish had whipped up. I could still hear the students cheering while listening to the music. A few guys to my left spoke to each other, until one of them walked over to me. A tall redhead stood beside me. He put his arm around me, his breath reeked of alcohol. "Hey..." he slurred, "You did great."

"Thanks?"

"What's your name?"

"Uh..." I trailed, "Little miss get away from me." He lowered his arm and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. He leaned in for a kiss, but I grabbed his arm and twisted it back. "You wanna try that again?" I countered, smirking. He shook his head and walked away with his 'pose'. I heard someone laugh from behind me. I turned around, finding Randall leaning against the wall. "Hey!" I cheered. He stood beside me and holding his large glass in one hand.

"You were pretty good up there," he commented, "Your voice sounds like an angel." I raised my eyebrows. "Seriously? I thought I sounded terrible," I inquired, laughing. "No one cares," he said, "I thought you did."

I laughed and shook my head

I laughed and shook my head. I felt Randall's eyes on me, I could see his slight smirk. "What?" I asked then looked at him.

"N-Nothing."

"What?" I nudged his shoulder, "Tell me." Before he could respond the front door to the den opened up. "You guys coming in, or what?" Gabrielle asked, crossing her arms. "We'll be right there," Randall said then held his hand out, "Shall we?" I laughed and nodded.

~~~~

After the party, Gabrielle, Randall and I had promised Hamish that we would clean up. I grabbed a white trash bag and began picking up the cups then threw them away. I took down some of the streamers, stuffing them in the bag as well. Randall tossed two more cups into the bags. I handed Gabrielle the trash bag while I wiped down the bar and table with a cloth. I grabbed one of the empty liquor bottles, throwing that into the trash. I found a couple more clothes and handed them to my friends. Gabrielle rolled her eyes and continued to wipe down the table. Randall walked over to the entrance way and picked up at the area. Gabrielle looked his way, then back at me. She threw away the cloth and leaned against the bar.

"You need to talk to him."

"What? Why?"

"You like him, right?"