"She should be here soon," Conner sat back down onto the chair, though still eyeing Hunter apprehensively, "till then, make yourself at home."

"Was planning on it," Hunter said slyly, pulling up another chair and sitting back into it, "so, Jai tells me the team isn't too bad."

"Yeah well, we manage," Conner wanted nothing more than to be anywhere else but with Jaiden's boyfriend. He seemed like a real cocky bastard, Conner didn't know what Jaiden could ever see in him.

"You, uh, you knew Jaiden growing up?" Conner cleared his throat mid question, the awkwardness in the air undeniable. At least to him, Hunter didn't seem to mind this interaction one bit.

"Yeah, since we were little," Conner picked up the slightest change in Hunter's expression. His eyes softened at the mention of the girl. "I can't believe she's wrapped up in all this again, right when we thought we could put this all in the past." Conner frowned in understanding. Hunter's gaze fell slightly when he said this, and it pained the red ranger a bit. Jaiden didn't talk about her past battles, he could only wonder if they were as challenging as the ones now, or more so.

"If anyone can handle it, it's her." Conner replied, and as if satisfied with that response, Hunter's smirk made its way back onto his face.

"Couldn't agree more." He nodded only now in acknowledgement, "Hunter." Finally he introduced himself.

"Conner," the brown haired nodded back. "Well, Hayley should be here soon, and I've got school, so..." Conner stood, flashing the blonde a half smile.

"Look, we just met and you don't owe me anything or whatever," Hunter stood to face Conner, "just... look out for her for me. She's reckless, she'll do anything to protect her friends." Conner almost snorted, boy did he know that. He didn't scoff or anything, though, he looked to Hunter with just as serious of an expression as the blonde looked to him.

"You have my word." He turned to leave, but stopped himself, "there's a dance later tonight, it's be nice if you surprised Jaiden there." Conner glances behind his shoulder to see Hunter nod his way with a grateful smile, and with that, the red ranger was off.

***

*Next day*

"Woah! Now that's a beast!" Hunter marveled at Jaiden's Spino Sword

"Woah! Now that's a beast!" Hunter marveled at Jaiden's Spino Sword. It was Saturday morning, the day after the homecoming dance, and Hunter had told Jaiden that he wanted to see her new 'toys'. He was staying for the weekend, and the girl couldn't be happier. "Little different from your old katana, huh?" Jaiden swung her large sword effortlessly, sticking it into the ground.

"You have no idea," Jaiden shook her head. The two were outside of her's and Tommy's house while Hayley was down at HQ working on a device that could transfer the scroll's power through it and at the amber that was trapping Tommy.