"Stand up," Barry said.

Wally frowned but did, putting down his bottle and crossing his arms.

"okay," Barry said, "Iris has a job, I have a job, we regularly work overtime or bring work home, with everything in my life I think I sleep an hour a day," Barry said, "so, between me and Iris having two kids is gonna be real hard, especially if I'm dressing up in the suit and stuff so," Barry smiled and took off the flash ring that held the suit, "Wally West I hereby offer you," he held the ring to Wally, "the role as The Flash."

Wally blinked, staring at the ring outstretched.

"did you get drunk from three sips of beer?"

"I am perfectly sober," Barry said, grinning, "this is something I've been thinking about sine Bart showed up."

"Barry... I can't take this," he smiled, "you don't mean it."

"I do."

"but-"

"I do, Wally," Barry said, "I'm about to have two kids, at once, okay, I don't have time to save the city," he smiled, pushing the ring closer to Wally's face, "you've been going solo for six years-"

"not consecutive."

"doesn't matter," Barry said, "point is, you're good at what you do and I think if anyone deserves to wear the red it's you," he snorted, "plus, you know, this way you get to deal with Bart."

Wally shook his head, laughing, "okay."

"okay?"

"okay," Wally said, nodding, "okay, I'll do it."

"Ha ha!" Barry grinned, hugging Wally, then handed him the ring.

"I'm gonna need a different suit," Wally said looking at the ring, "we're a different size."

"ssh," Barry said, "just take the ring and we'll figure the rest out later."

They walked out into the front yard, picking up their bottles again and thinking up the perfect way to tell everyone.

Artemis smiled as she watched the blur rush past. She aimed her cross bow and fired at it, a bolas flew and caught him in the legs.

Wally looked up, "what the hell?!"

Artemis cackled, shot a grapple dart and swung down to him.

"hey there, Flash."

"what the hell Artemis."

"ah, ah," she grinned, "check the stripes, hun."

Wally blinked, "Tigress?"

"Artemis was Green Arrow's protégé," she shrugged, offering Wally her hand, "figured I'd give Tigress a chance."

"as a hero?"

She smiled, "as a blonde." she kissed him, "now let's go get some crooks."

Kaldur woke up to his alarm, which had been snoozed about eight times, at ten o'clock. Way too late for him but he'd stayed up late the night before doing work.

He turned it off, slipped on a shirt and headed to the kitchen. He put the coffee jug on and two slices of bread in the toaster. He checked his phone as he waited for the two things to be ready. There was a text from Wally about his first night out as The Flash and one from M'Gann about the party she wanted to throw as a bit of a six month anniversary of not being killed by the reach. He had a voicemail and he listened to it as he poured his coffee.