Chapter 6

The screams weren't loud enough to cover the gunshots awful sounds. Enola had to do a choice : stay and protect Tewksbury or leave him and go fight.

"ENOLA" The boy shouted.

"WHAT ?"

"WHAT DO WE DO ?"

"I CAN'T LEAVE YOU."

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME, I'LL BE OKAY. GO."

Enola looked at him and after a moment of hesitation, she let go of his hand and crawled on all fours towards the gunshot sounds. She looked up. The guy Williams gave the money to. She couldn't get up. He would see her.

'Think , Enola, think.' The voice of her mother said in her head. She closed her eyes.

"The corkscrew." She murmured, opening them. "Of course !"

She grabbed his ankle and a second later the guy was on the floor. She took advantage of his shock to take the gun away from him. He got up and tried to punch her but she avoided his fist, grabbed it and twisted his wrist. All Enola could see was him wincing in pain before he slapped her, making her fall on the floor. He then grabbed her neck, making her getting up and started to choke her. She was about to pass away when she felt the grip relax. 

She fell down again and coughed, searching for air. The girl was lying on the floor when she felt arms around her and a panicked voice. Wait, she knew that voice .

"Enola ! Enola are you okay ?!" Tewksbury asked in a worried tone.