Chapter 14: The breakup/an awesome surprise

The next morning...

Lily woke up with her friends and she got up. She looked at the sky and realized she slept in.

Lily's mind

Dang it!

Lily nudged Aspen first, then Daisy, then lastly Pluto. Daisy opened one eye and Lily said softly, "We slept in," "What?!? Ugh, everyone, get up." Daisy said kicking Pluto's snout with her back left leg. He woke up and asked slightly annoyed, "What?" "We slept in. That's what." Aspen said looking at him. "Sorry, Lily," Daisy said looking down at her daughter. "It's fine. If we find a cab or something like that of transportation we'll be able to make up for last wasted minutes." Lily said trying to stay calm. "Hey, we can try that!" Pluto said pointing to a crystal tour bus. "Is that..." Aspen started totally with a loss for words. "Alessia James's tour bus." Lily smiled and chuckled a little. "Come on!" Pluto said running to the tour bus with Daisy in front.

The four dogs ran over to the tour bus and saw Alessia James, a silver Labrador Retriever. She walked over and said, "Um... hi? Can I help you?" "I'm a fan! An autograph!" Aspen smiled holding up a piece of paper. "Where'd she get that paper?" Pluto whispered to Lily. Lily was too annoyed to answer. She walked up to Alessia and said, "Hi, you probably recognize me from TV's Pup Star. But in case you don't1DC, I'm-" "Lily. I know who you are. But I thought you were in New York on stage right now." The singer said. "Well, it's kinda long story but a jealous/angry dog named Rose got convinced by the evil dog Bark to impersonate me and take my place in my own house! So whatever snarky comments she made, don't hate on me for it." Lily said chuckling. "No problem. So you need help getting back to New York huh?" Alessia asked with a raised eyebrow.

A/N: If dogs can even do that lol

"Yes! I could use all the help I can get!" Lily smiled. "OK, I'll help you. I'm heading there anyway. C'mon." Alessia said and then got into the huge tour bus. As Aspen got in, she looked around the place amazed. "Wow..." She said completely with a loss for words. "This is amazing!" She finally got out. Lily jumped on a dog sofa and sat down. "And who are these dogs?" The bus driver asked raising an eyebrow. "Don't worry, Michael, they're with me," Alessia said sitting on the sofa across from Lily. The bus then started moving. "Why didn't anyone say anything about Lily?" Aspen asked whispering. "Because everyone thinks Lily is in New York so if I mentioned that to him it would just confuse him way more." Alessia explained whispering. "Ohhhhhh, right," Aspen smiled.

~In NYC~

Brody walked over to Rose in Lily's house and said, "Hey, Lily?" Rose looked over and said, "Hey, can this be quick? I've got important stuff to do." "Yeah, uh...." Brody started, trying to find the right words and Rose just stood there with a raised eyebrow waiting. "I think we need to break up," he managed to finally say. Even though Rose had no interest in Brody, she was still a bit surprised. "Why?" She asked. She started wondering why she would ask that because she was actually really happy that she wouldn't have to kiss him anymore, pretend she cares about him, and also that she'd get Lily back.

A/N: You'll know what I mean later on

"Lily, you gotta feel it, too. We both are famous celebrities and we don't have much time for each other anymore. And besides that, we barely hang out even when we can hang anyway. And we both might have our eye on... someone else." Brody explained with a sad face the whole time he talked. Rose snapped out of it and said, "Yeah, OK. Sure. Doesn't natter to me. K." "OK? That's all?" He asked tilting his head as he was slightly surprised. "Well what else do you expect me to say?" Rose snapped. "I just thought you were-" Brody started then Rose cut him off by saying, "Sad?" "Well... yeah," Brody said looking at her. "So, you think that I should be sad because we're breaking up when you're not even sad yourself," Rose said, immediately starting a fight. "Lily, I am sad but-" Brody started again and then Rose cut him off again by snapping as she shook her head, "No, I can tell when someone is saying they're sad but they're really not. And that's exactly what's going on. You've got your eye on someone else and you wanna get closer to her so you gotta break up with me to do that because you know if you dated whoever you like now, the paparazzi or SOMEONE will post it and you don't want your precious celebrity self to get hated on for cheating on me, right?"

Brody's mind

She's good...

"I'm sorry, Lily," Brody said, sad that their relationship is over. "I'm not," Rose said looking RIGHT into his eyes and then she walked away. Brody sighed and looked down lowering his ears. "Well that could've gone better," Charlie said walking over to him. "You're tellin' me," Brody mumbled. "I'm sorry, sweetie, but breakups are hard. I'm sure Lily's personality will be different later or tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it's getting late. I better go start dinner." Tiny said hugging her son then walked away.

~That night~

Brody's head was on his windowsill and he was looking out his window. He sighed sadly, still sad about breaking up with Lily. Well, technically Rose but you get what I'm sayin'. Rosie then walked in and said, "Bro, I'm honestly really proud of how you handled that breakup. I thought things were gonna come down." Brody lifted his head and said looking at her, "Heh. Thanks." Then he put his head on his windowsill again. Rosie sighed and walked closer and said, "If Lily can't accept your decision of breaking up with each other, maybe she was never really the girl for you." Brody didn't answer her but he did acknowledge that he heard her. Rosie sighed and said walking out of the room closing the door, "Dinner's ready in five," if dogs can even close doors...

~That same night on the road~

Lily was awake at 9:30 staring at the ground as she was laying on the dog sofa. "Are you okay?" A voice asked. Lily looked up and saw Alessia staring at her. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just wanna get home." Lily said truthfully as she laid her head back down staring at the ground. "Don't worry. We'll get you to New York in time for the Pup Star finals. I gotta get there anyway." Alessia smiled supportively. Lily nodded and fell asleep. Soon everyone in the bus was asleep. Well, besides the bus driver.

Lily's mind

It's not just the finals I'm worried about

Thanks for reading! Love you guys! Told you the long wait would be worth it.

#PeaceOut