"Shouldn't we be giving them a call or something?" I asked while he pulled me along to the exit. 

"I don't know, I was thinking just us two," he smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Also, I'm pretty sure they already left for lunch in their duos or pairs or whatever. Cause I have a text from Oli saying he's going for lunch and he'll meet us back at the hotel." 

"So, Charlotte and Oli are gone. What about Ava and Lucas?" I questioned. 

"They're probably gone too but you can call and ask her," he shrugged. 

I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. "Hello?" 

"Hey, are you still here or did you go for lunch already?" 

"Sorry, we were really hungry so we left a while ago, meet you at the hotel?" 

"Yeah, sure thing, see you later, bye," I said before hanging up. 

"Told you," he smirked. 

I chuckled, shaking my head before we left. "Now who do I call? Mr. Jenkins?" I asked. 

"You can try asking if he's here, otherwise, we'll grab a cab or something," he shrugged. I dialed Mr. Jenkins who said he went back to the hotel because everybody split up, so we grabbed a cab and then headed out for lunch. 

"Where to?" the driver asked. 

"Wherever you think is the best place to eat around here," Noah said, climbing in the car beside me. The driver started driving and we trusted him blindly to take us to a good spot. "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded in response, turning to him. "Why have we never spoken until now?" he asked.

"Because of the rivalry," I laughed. 

"I admit, the teams took it too seriously, on both ends. But it's not like people from our school didn't hook up, or talk, or hang out with people from yours. How come we never talked at a party or something?" he pressed further. 

I shrugged, "I don't know, we never really ran into each other. You hung out with one crowd, I hung out with another." 

"Right, I hung out with people from my school, you hung out with the losers from yours," he scoffed. 

"I'm pretty sure our school has beat yours more times than you can count," I chuckled. 

"I'm pretty sure you're lying. There's no way, our school was state champion three times in a row," he reasoned. 

"So? That was recent. Look at it from the beginning of time, there's no way your school has won more than mine." 

"Why is that?" 

"Because ours existed almost two years before yours," I laughed. He rolled his eyes. "We were in the game before you, of course, we have more wins," I shrugged. 

"Okay, count from when we joined. Count from the first game our schools played together. I'm pretty sure we've won more," he argued. 

"That's not true," I laughed, shaking my head. 

"How do you know?" 

"I don't know it for a fact but I'm almost certain that's not right. We've just got more experience. And I mean, a lion? Seriously?" 

"A wolf? Seriously?" he said mockingly. 

"I thought we were pushing past the rivalry here," I lifted a brow at him. 

"True, but you don't even actually like your school, do you?" he chuckled. 

I sighed in defeat, "No. It's a shit show of the worst kind. Oh, my god, I'm so glad I've graduated now. I mean, yeah, I'm supposed to be all 'go wolves, yeah! Woo hoo!' but no, absolutely not. I cheer for the team in the stands because well, I go to that school, but the team was run completely by the captain, the coach would never even show, there was barely any after school practice, the teachers were shit, the building was shit, the subjects were shit. Never again," I said, leaning my head back. 

"That'll be $20." I paid 10, Noah paid 10 and then we both hopped out and headed inside. 

"A table for the couple?" the guy asked with a wide grin. 

"Oh, we're not-" 

"Yes, please," Noah said, cutting me off, putting an arm around my waist. I rolled my eyes as we walked to the table, following the employee. 

"I'll be back in a moment to take your order," he smiled before walking away. 

"Couple? Really?" I asked, sitting opposite to him. 

"Couples get discounts all the time in Vegas. All I have to do is fake a proposal right here," he shrugged. 

"Hmm, and where do I get my diamond ring?" I asked. 

"Excuse me!" 

The waiter walked back over. "Yes?" 

"Can we get two cans of coke please?" Then we got two cans of coke and placed our orders. Once the waiter walked away, he turned to me. I raised my eyebrows at him expectantly. He pulled the can open, pulling out the pop-top. 

I looked at him quizzically while he grabbed the butter knife and grated the inside, removing any rough edges before pulling it wider a little bit. I narrowed my eyes at him and he held out his hand. I placed my left hand in it, resisting an eye roll as he slipped the pop-top on in the perfect shape of a ring. 

"Ta-da!" he sang. 

I looked at it, twisting it around my finger. No sharp edges, all smooth, it genuinely looked like a simple silver band. "Not bad, I'm keeping this," I said, shrugged. 

"It's yours to keep," he shrugged. Our food was brought in and we both talked our asses off during that lunch. I learned a lot more about him. Like the fact that he played Tarzan in his school play in elementary school. 

"Wait, you what?" I laughed. 

"I played Tarzan in a play in elementary school, why is that so funny?" he chuckled, looking at me weirdly. 

"You wore a wig and everything?" I asked. 

"No, I had long hair." 

"Oh, my god, no fucking way," I doubled over. I just couldn't imagine a little Noah with hair down to his chin or shoulders on stage under the spotlight. "Oh, my god," I grabbed my stomach. 

It wasn't that funny, but the image in my head was. I can't picture little Noah. Must've been adorable.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter nine

I'm sorry I didn't update at all today, but basically, I didn't even do school because we just welcomed a brand new baby girl into our family as my first cousin so I was super excited and not to mention at the hospital waiting lmao taking care of my already existing first cousin

sorry for not updating but gotta take care of the fam you know

next chapter: Italian