chapter 56 (draco's pov)

Start from the beginning

"alright fine, i promise" she nods, looking down at our hands, "now you're the one freaking me out" i sigh, moving my hands away from hers and sinking into the couch, leaning my head back. as much as it hurts to lie to her, i know she would be in more danger if she knew the truth. it's what i have to do. to help my family.

"sorry" i mumble, trying to calm myself down by looking into the fire.

"oi mate!" the yell makes me jump a little, and i turn my head to the side to see goyle, standing in the dormitory stairs, "was wondering where you were. come up, crabbe's working on a letter to send granger and we need your input. you always come up with the best stuff"

great.

"yeah, i'll be right there" i smile at him a little, trying to seem normal, "looks like duty calls" i turn my head back to y/n, letting my smile fade. i sigh, standing up slowly and grabbing my bag. i don't want to leave.

"do you ever get tired" i look down at her still on the couch, looking up at me, "of constantly bullying everyone?" she raises her eyebrows, almost looking disappointed in me

"all the time" at least i can be honest with her once tonight. i look back at the staircase, wishing i could just stay here, "i s'pose you'd be my only friend if i didn't do it" i say quietly, looking back at her and trying to smile, "can you picture the looks on their faces if i said that granger crying in the halls wasn't funny" i try and laugh, to make a big joke out of the whole thing, but it comes out shallow and pitiful. sure, i am by no means a fan of granger, but crying in the halls is unfortunate, no matter who you are. but, "i'd be kicked out of the group" if i said anything like that, "it'd get back to my father-" and he would be furious, knowing i had sympathized with a mudblood

"i get it" she looks away from me, sighing, "kind of"

"live with my father for 15 years and then you'll get it" i laugh again, this time sounding more sincere, "i don't know how you've gotten into slytherin. you've got a much better heart than the rest of us" i look over at her and she meets my eyes, smiling softly.

"it seems your heart's in the right place. you just can't muster up the courage to listen to it"

"see?" i shake my head, only she would see things like that, "you're painfully nice sometimes"

"you act like being nice is a bad thing" she says, innocently. i can't help but laugh, shaking my head as i look at her, a smile spreading across my face.

"you're too good for me, y/l/n" i bite back my cheek, trying to hold in the smile

"well, everyone knows that" she smirks back, meeting my eyes. my teeth lose grip of my cheek as my smile widens, "now go play nice with the others" she says sarcastically, "tear granger apart to protect your precious reputation! just don't tell me about it later" she says the last part seriously, holding eye contact again.

"promise, you won't hear a word about it from me" i bow my head slightly, making a silent promise to myself that i won't give the guys anything too harsh to write in the letter, "goodnight, y/n" i say, looking back up into her eyes

"night, draco" she says quietly, with a small smile, as i straighten up and walk towards the stairs. i reach the bottom of the stairs, looking up them and debating for a moment. i feel an invisible force tugging me back to her. i look back over my shoulder, seeing her searching back in her bag quietly. i look back at the staircase, taking a deep breath. if i can't find the courage to stand up to my father, at least i can find the courage to do this.

i quickly turn on my heels, walking back toward her with a purpose. she looks up at me when i land in front of her, a confused look on her face. but it only last a second before i lean down, placing my hand softly on her cheek and tilting her head to mirror mine, guiding our lips together for the second time in 24 hours. it's a quick kiss, only lasts a couple second before i pull back, standing up again. i see her jaw drop slightly as i smile, backing away towards the stairs. her face slowly forms into a smile as well, and she looks down into her lap, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. i feel my own cheeks start to heat up and i turn around quickly, heading up the stairs with a wide grin still on my face.

__________________________

everyone asked for draco's pov soooo here you go! hope u enjoy. next chapter will b out tmrw

vote/comment/share :)

p.s. thank you for 78k reads!