Preview to the Upcoming Novel "Fight for Country and God

• Dedicated to Jacob Koris

Fight for Country and God

By:Noah Keneborus

A thanks to my friend Tyler who felt like he needed

to encourage me to wright (even though I did not need encouragement) 

More thanks to Jacob because I designed a character inspired by him”

Chapter 1

Hello my name is Jason Breaker and this is my fateful story. The reason I joined the military started in my High school of Liberty High in Boston, Massachusetts. I was a good student with high honers and good grades, But I started hanging out with the wrong crowd, My parents did not notice until the day that we did something so nasty, so... Wrong that my parents had to step in. I broke in to a convenience store. It was the dead of night and a couple of guys suggested that we go and break in. I could not resist, all of that money that I knew that was in there seemed to draw me in. Once I had kicked open the door alarms started going off. And instantly I went from High Honers to “Liberty High’s Child Criminal of the weak.” The Police called my parents down to the station and they were highly displeased with me. They forced me to join the military because I was of age and they thought I needed “more discipline” but I knew that they hated me. So reluctantly I went to the capital to sign up. Once I had finished signing up for the military I was placed through a bootcamp for 13 weeks. The boot camp was in Texas. The second that I stepped out of the Van I felt instantly like I would die in the heat. I estimated that it was about 124 degrees. Once I stepped through the gates the first thing I noticed was that there were no showers or water fountains. I also noticed that there was a sign that said Lake on it but it also said 3.9 mi just below it. “Great.” I thought. I walked forward, slowly towards the cabins. Just as I was about to enter a man strode up to me. I saw by his badges he was a sargent. His name was Tami. I never knew his first name because I never bothered to learn it. He had a cruel looking scar that stretched from the top left side of his face to the bottom right of his chin. He had graying hair and his voice sounded like gravel sliding over a chalkboard. He was always before the sun and seemed to never tire. I knew that he hated me because when we do something Im good at then he just ignores me. But if we are doing something that I am not good at then he will say, ‘’ Well thats what you get from a city boy.” The only thing that made the camp bearable was the fact that I was with my best friend from school. His name was Jack Freedom. (To this day when ever I think about him I think that his in that circumstance was ironic because war is the exact opposite thing of Freedom) Jack had blond hair and was the same age as me but he was slightly overweight but he had a great sense of humor and he had a great level of endurance. Jack was a great guy to hang around but I branched out and became friends with a guy named Jacob (He was insisted that we call him LeadFoot because he played soccer and when ever he kicked the ball from his goal it went into the opposing team’s goal) Jacob had Dirty Blond hair that made mine look clean. He looked about one year older than me but I never let that bother me because he treated me just like he treated every one else. Every night we had to sleep in our tiny cabins, they were about the same size as an porta-potty and smelled just as bad. Every day started out with a vigorous 3 mile run just before breakfast and then we go to the ropes corse for climbing training. The ropes that we used were worn and frayed and gone in some parts. After the ropes corse we run down to the lake and swim the perimeter of the lake for a warm up, and then we split up into teams, One team with rafts that were searching for the other team. For every person that was captured by the other team they were made to do 50 push-ups.