"Is that a gun?!" I whispered in fear to Damien who was still on me and made sure he covered everything vital in my body, when the gun shots stopped he stood up dragging me up as well.

"Get under the bed now." He demanded forcing me on my knees and my eyes widened in fear. I didn't think to ask why or anything else for that matter because I was scared shitless. Was someone really having a shoot out here? We might not have many room sweeps but I just couldn't imagine a student having a gun. I squirmed under the bed and could barely fit underneath, why were they so low to the ground.

"Everyone stay in your dorms and lock the doors." Came the intercom and sirens started going off, oh god this is for real, this is actually happening. I couldn't imagine what started this and why, but when i saw Damien reach for the door handle like he was going to solve it himself I shot out from the bed to grab his ankle.

"Where the hell do you think your going?!" I whispered yelled and he looked at me as if he was about to kill someone himself. He bent down to remove my hand and held it tightly.

"Don't worry, now stay the hell put" he said to me looking into my eyes and swiftly moved away and out the door and my eyes were wide with fear. He's gonna get himself killed! What is he doing?! Playing captain save a hoe!

I wanted to run after him, but I was scared. So I crawled out and peaked to look down the hall, I breathed in relief when I saw two security guards apprehending two kids, Damien was speaking with them and another man as well; it was weird. This isn't how usual drills go, the police force should be here soon right? And they should be telling Damien to get back to his room... right. The situation was odd, but I was glad to see they caught who ever was shooting up the hallway. I waited quietly in my room for what felt like hours, Damien hadn't come back and the sirens had gone off. The intercom told us to remain in our rooms and I was confused by how the situation was being handled, this really wasn't a normal school was it.

'Students your parents will be coming to pick you up. Pack now.' And my eyes widened, we're going back home? I mean I understand but are our parents really coming to get us?! I wanted to bite someone's head off, me and Damien finally get together and then this happens. My eyes flick to the door that slowly opened I sprung up worried hoping to see Damien but my face dropped when it was craven; disappointment ensued.

"You, pack up now. We're going" my eyes widened at him, the shock I feel that my own little brother actually came to get me, to leave together. Our talk the other night must've done something.

"Where's Damien?" I asked instead, I'm not packing anything till I see him. I want to know what happened I don't want to be kept in the dark.

"Dealing with shit. It's none of your business onyx now pack ur shit before I drag you out." He growled out and I glared at him, he's such a little brat. Fucking telling me what to do, but I have no time to argue with my brother I might as well do as he says. I went to my stuff and shoved what little stuff I had in my bag and followed him out, I saw other kids rushing out from there dorms and down the halls.

"What even happened? This whole thing was weird!" I said to craven a bit loudly as the noises from other students were over powering.

"Two kids didn't like each other so they tried to kill one another. Simple as that. I told you this school and these people are dangerous." He grimaced and reminded me in a cold town, I guess he did say that but I never saw something like this happening.

"Yo onyx bro! I'm glad your alright!" Ramos said running up behind me his bag slung over his shoulder. He was sweaty and panting a bit like he had been running around.

"Yea those shots were right by my room, you know anything?" I asked dazed and a bit numb to what had happened and only focused on scanning faces for Damien. Just where was he, I don't believe for a second that he already left.

"All I know is no one got hurt. You know I thought we all agreed we'd not bring guns, I guess the school got lazy with the sweeps. Most of the families here are on good terms so this is surprising " Ramos explained and I blinked at him, what did he mean we agreed to not bring guns, isn't it normal to not bring contraband to school as is?

"Ramos shut the fuck up" craven said through gritted teeth and Ramos eyes widened when he realized who was besides me; god knows what he was more surprised at. Me being with craven or him saying shut the fuck up.

"Haha sorry crav, I better get going-" he said quickly and ran in front of us as if we all weren't going to the same place.

"Annoying fuck." He murmured and I rolled my eyes, does he hate everyone? We made it out the building and to the front of the school, I saw only black cars and limousines driven by chaffers in the lot. No police cars or ambulances, nothing you'd expect when a school had just gotten shot up.

"Our rides here" craven said and I stopped dead in my tracks, I wanted to see Damien. I had no way to contact him if I left now, I was still worried about him.

"I can't go craven, I need to find damien" I explained and he grabbed my arm with a deadly look in his eyes.

"He is fine and he won't come looking for you. He's to busy dealing with shit so get in the car" he said lowly and I blinked at him, I had waited and he hadn't come for me. Craven's right isn't he, there is more to him that I don't know.

"Fuck! Alright I'm going" I yelled ripping his hand off me as I got into the car. I was pissed a bit and overwhelmed, how long were we gonna be sent home for? When would I see Damien again?

And also now I had to see my father. Something id rather avoid.

•••••
Happy New Years ❤️