𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

Start from the beginning

    It was finally time for me to sing my new song, and I was terrified. I still kept checking the side stage in the hopes of seeing Harry, but he wasn't there. I sighed and sat down by the piano they had wheeled out, and I adjusted the mic, making sure it was all set before I started to speak.

    "I'm not singing a cover tonight London, this song is a new one, and I hope you like it." I spoke into the mic, and supportive cheers and screams rang through the arena. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes before playing the keys of my new song.

This hurts like hell
But I keep telling myself
That it's gonna get better
But it's taking forever

I tried to go out
But every time I leave the house
Something reminds me,
Of what's now behind me

Everyday I let go, just a little bit more
In the end, will I be alright?
Well, it might take a hundred sleepless nights
To make the memories of us disappear
Cause right now I can't see nothing
Through these tears

Controlled my thoughts
Convincing myself it's your loss
I think I mean it
But I'm not sure I see it

Out of sight but you're not out of my mind
Did it take somebody else at night
To make me feel like we were never real
Cause right now I can't see nothing
Through these tears

I think that it's over
You never got closer
I cried all alone
that night

Driving home on an empty highway
I thought about us and I hit the brakes
What we had and who we were was so clear
But right now I can't see nothing through these tears.

    I finished the song, and I hadn't realised that the whole time I was singing, tears were streaming down my face, and I had my eyes closed.

    I turned my back to the fans, not really wanting them to see I was crying and wiped my tears before I faced them, gave a small smile and took my bow.

    "Kenna that was- I, oh my God that was amazing!" Kelsey encouraged as I stepped off the stage, her arms instantly around my body as she held me close to her. I couldn't help the sob that escaped my lips though, that song just described what had happened between Harry and I, and I'm sure the fans picked up on it.

    But my eyes soon meet Harry's green ones, and the confusion written all over his face.

    "What was that all about?" He asks, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes, as if he didn't already know.

    "I don't know what your talking about." I simply answer, pushing past him and making my way to my dressing room.

    "McKenna would you just answer the question." Harry's tone was frustrated and all I wanted to do was go up to him and slap him across the face, but I didn't want to do that, I respect myself enough to cause a scene.

    "Good luck tonight!" I dodged his question, and I quickly made my way to my dressing room with Kelsey and Niall in tow.

    "We'll be waiting for you in the car, Kenna!" Kelsey places a kiss on my cheek as her and Niall walk towards the exit of the arena whilst I quickly changed into something more comfortable.

    As soon as I was finally in the comfort of some sweats and a tank, I made my way out of my dressing room, but was stopped by Preston, Harry's security guard.