• 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 •

Start from the beginning

Huey looked out the window, damn, he hadn't realized how late it was, just how long had he been knocked out? There was no way he got fucked up that badly, right?

Nah bro, they caught yo ass off guard and got to beatin', you highkey got worked my guy, by some kids in uniforms, tragic.

Huey frowned, he really did let some private school kids whoop his ass, he was never going to live this down. He looked over at Riley, who he thought would be laughing at him for this, but instead, the boy looked beyond heated.

The only thing that could describe how Riley felt was complete and utter unfiltered rage. Sure, he mocked Huey for a lot of things, and if this was a one on one fight Huey got worked in, Riley would have bullied the fuck out of his brother, but this wasn't the case. A group of pussy ass uniform niggas teamed up to beat up his brother, that was beyond out of line, what sort of cowards jumped somebody? Especially someone like Huey? He don't even be doing shit! He barely even speaks! Yet they jumped him? He wanted to fuck each of those fancy pricks up one by one, do 'em like they did Huey, it was only fair.

Caesar sighed, sitting beside his best friend with a raised brow "Huey, despite Deja's eagerness to fight that girl, she might be right, this could have been a set up, do you know anyone who would have wanted you hurt?"

Kiren. Cairo. Their friends. There's a few Caesar.

"Nah, not really" other than them having animosity, Huey had no proof that the two set him up, in fact he could barely remember anything other than him getting hopped on-

Don't remember? Come on dude, think, he was there just before you got whooped.

Who? Huey was literally racking his brain but couldn't remember shit.

Imma give you a hint, it begins with a K and ends in iren Bennet.

Kiren Bennet? But-

"Depends, you ready to get whooped?"

Of course.

He wasn't surprised.

Kiren set him up.

Sure, he knew Kiren didn't like him, but he didn't think the lovestruck loser would go as far as to set him up to be jumped by opps, and be dumb enough to pretty much imply he did it, I mean, why else would he say that unless he knew Downsent kids were there to drag him? The memories began flooding back to him, Kiren squirting him with water, Huey chasing him into an allyway, the Downsent kids getting him, it was as if a wave of realization just struck him.

Great, now tell 'em what happened!

...

No, Huey wasn't going to do that.

What!? Why!?

It wasn't that serious.

Not that- nigga you got jumped!

So? As much as his conscience wanted him to rat Kiren out, Huey didn't care enough to do so, telling them that would lead to an unnecessary rift in their friendship, especially his with Tahiry, considering her and Kiren had been besties for eons, she was more likely to side with him, and would probably accuse Huey of lying on her friend.

If she doesn't side with you after her friend got you beat up to the point of temporary memory loss, maybe her friendship ain't worth it!

...

No, it was, however Huey knew that regardless of how intelligent she was, Tahiry was the type of girl to put her heart before her mind, so she'd probably side with him out of pure emotion.