"Miss Morgan, I do believe he needs you right now." Dumbledore's words dripped in sincerity and Bexley's words faltered.

"Of course, I'll go pack my trunk."

"No need, I believe Miss Evans has taken care of this for you and packed a few books for your entertainment." Lily's head peered around the door of the Hospital Wing, Bexley's trunk ready to burst open.

"Only a few books hey Lil?" She smiled bashfully and dropped the case, running into Bexley's arms. "Godric I missed you." Lily's hair tickled her nose and she loved it, she missed her best friend, she missed her other half. "How are you?"

"Oh same old, how's he?" Lily gestured to Sirius.

"He's a fighter," Bexley answered tearfully.

"Indeed he is." Lily pulled Bexley into another hug and slipped something into her pocket "Read it when you're alone." Bexley nodded and together they all headed down to Hogsmead station.

As they approached, Bexley was surprised to see a matt black train, the same style as the Hogwarts Express, just a different colour, hues of green reflecting in the light.

"Of course they have a train." Bexley huffed and pulled her luggage onto the train, she watched the conductors and healers carefully manoeuvre Sirius onto the train and away from her sight. "I'll be back soon Lily." Bexley wiped away a single tear and hugged Lily as if her life depended on it.

"Five days." Lily muffled into Bexley's shoulder.

"Five days." She reaffirmed, Bexley guided Lily to James and hugged him too.

"Keep safe." He whispered in her ear and with that, Bexley boarded the Black Express, as she called it.

"Here you are, ma'am." Bexley was guided to a sitting area and her luggage was whisked away.

"Oh, will I not be able to sit with Sirius?"

"Master Black is resting." The conductor answered curtly before disappearing into the other compartment.

"Pleasant." Bexley deplored and settled into a green velvet chair, resting her head on the window she felt a pang in her chest as she bore away from Hogwarts and away from the Marauders. To keep her mind at bay, she retrieved a book from the shelf and flicked through it, a tale of a pureblood and his 'tragic' sacrifice of his family to uphold his name. Bexley shoved it back onto the shelf and her fingers clung to a childhood favourite, she settled back in the chair and readjusted the pillows, devouring the words. As the day drew on and Bexley was making her way through her second book, it slowly began to slip from her fingers and her eyelids grew heavy.

"There's a bed in the back if you require it." A charming voice uttered and Bexley's eyes snapped open.

"Regulus! I didn't know you'd be coming." She sat upright and smoothed her cloak, not realising it was still bloody from the previous evening. "Oh."

"Here." Regulus rummaged around in a cupboard and retrieved a plain black dress and cloak, Bexley raised an eyebrow at it. "Mother always insisted on keeping spare garments. Just in case we too found ourselves stained with blood. Through the compartment, first door on the left." Bexley thanked him and followed his instructions, quickly changing in the bathroom, a porter retrieved her uniform from her and promised it back shortly. "Better?"

"Much." And it was, Bexley felt lighter without the horror of Sirius's blood splattered over her. "So, a ball."

"Yes. I didn't fancy it but Mother insisted we abide by formalities." Regulus inspected his nails and Bexley resumed her seat.