☾0.10| Malfoy Manor

Start from the beginning

Draco and Salem were similar in one way that he'd accept, they knew how to identify who was coming by just listening to their footsteps. Salem heard them too, bouncing off the walls that hadn't nearly nothing on them, walking at a relatively quick pass. Narcissa pulled her hands away from Salem's as a man turned the corner, he was relatively tall with hard facial expressions and long hair that was the exact same color as Dracos. The man didn't look at anyone besides Salem, staring at her with wide eyes.

"Hello, Salem." he greeted her, his words were clean and his voice stayed on the same tone, not breaking or getting louder or quieter like his wife and sons did. He walked toward her with long strides, reaching his hands out as Salem did the same, thinking he was gonna shake her hand but as he got ahold of them he rolled up her sleeves to appear down at her forearms. Seeing as they had nothing on them his smile fell in the slightly as his gaze lifted to her quickly, "We've heard plenty about you."

Salem didn't expect things to be so awkward and silent, thought she couldn't imagine they were gonna be dancing to christmas music, she didn't expect it to be nearly silent while the three adults gawked at Salem who sat at the end of the table by Dracos side. Lucius was attempting to have her sit next to him but Salem subtly rounded the table to sit with Draco instead. Bella was introduced not long after, a creepy smile on her face as she stared at Salem and pointed out how she resembles her mothers facial features.

"Dracos told us you've began to struggled with magic." Lucious finally broke the silents, ignoring Draco who flicked his eyes at them for a moment before looked back at his barely touched food. Salem blinked, remembering how Draco spoke about how his father and him would have a laugh at her struggles, she could now picture them doing so.

"I've gotten better." Salem spoke, leaving out the fact that Draco had wrote most of them down in a better way for her to understand.

"You didn't learn anything before you attended Hogwarts?" he went on to question her, his hands laced together before him as him along with his wife and and her sister barely blinked while looking at Salem.

"My parents didn't want me to be involved until I was older." Salem said with a small smile, a way of trying to ease the tension.

"I couldn't imagine why, you seem like such a bright young witch." Bella spoke up next, Salem couldn't figure out what seemed so familiar about her, knowing she's seen her before somewhere but couldn't figure out where. Salem flushed a red color, no one had complimented her on academics in her whole life. Before Salem had the chance to thank her, Lucious spoke up again.

"Your mother was the best witch i've ever known, I always imagined she'd teach you as we did Draco, have you advanced by first year came six years ago." he went on, Salem tried to remember who she was talking to and tried to keep in mind that the Malfoys clearly had no filter or remorse, taking no offense to his words as she took a large breath.

"It was more my fathers wishes, he wanted me away from magic at all times but him and mother agreed on letting me attend when I was sixteen." Salem spoke as she looked at each of them, her voice not showing the slightest bit of hurt or fear, "My mother was very happy about that."

Narcissa had a faint smile on her face at Salem's words, imagining Emilia happy as she held a baby in her arms, one that would live on her legacy in sixteen years.

"Ah, yes, your father." Luscious spoke and with that Narissas smile was gone as she looked away from Salem for the first time sense she'd arrived.

"You'll have to feel special, Salem, you're the first Gryffindor we've welcomed through our doors." Narcissa spoke as Salem turned to her now, she hadn't even took her house into consideration, she hadn't even remembered how horrible all the Slytherins were to her after she was sorted into Gryffindor.. and now she was sitting with four.