I'm Just in Love With You. (One Direction fanfic)

Only just started  writing this story so I really hope you like it so far

Please vote if you like it and I would love to hear your comments :)

xxx

                                                                         * * *

                                                                        Chapter 1

Who knew how many people like drinking coffee this late?, I thought to my self after I made my 4th cup of coffee in the last five minutes. The girl took it and went with her friends. It was almost nine o'clock and the 'Karma Cafe' was about to close. I went around collecting any remaining coffee cups and plates off tables. 'Em is it ok if you lock up tonight by yourself?' called Ciara a.k.a my boss, 'It's just that it's David's birthday and Im supposed to get the cake...' 'Oh that's fine', I said. She handed me the main keys and hung up her apron. 'You're a lifesaver Emily!' she called over her shoulder. It was quiet then apart from the sound of the radio. One Direction (my favourite band) was on and I hummed along to 'Everything About You' while cleaning the counter and putting away bags of coffee.

 At last I switched off the remaining lights and hung up my own apron.  I put on my green parka jacket and my brown hat and grabbed my leather bag. After putting on the alarm, I stepped outside to lock the door. After turning the lock I took out my ipod and earphones and began to walk home. It was dark outside, the last rays of sunset were gone. The light from London's many tall office buildings lit up the streets below. I shivered. It was only October but already it was feeling a lot colder outside. I crossed the road and went to look in the new Pull and Bear shop. I wandered around other shops aimlessly for a while, looking for a new dress and possibly a present for my bestfriend Eleanor, becuse she was turning eighteen on Saturday. I also needed a new outfit to where to her party that night. I figured I would be here tomorrow with Eleanor and Laura since we usually did something to celebrate it being friday so I decided to continue walking home.

I live with my Mum and younger sister Abbie - she's only eight - in an apartment in the centre of London. My Dad is abroad in Madrid at the moment with work but he's going to be home in about a month's time. I miss him loads, but I'm also jealous of all that lovely hot weather. I turn a corner down a quieter and darker street, we live at the top of the road - Apartment 12, Green Lawns Apartments building. I'm almost at my corner when I hear my phone beeping. I stop walking suddenly and start digging around in my bag to answer it when I walk on some ice and crash into another person walking along on the footpath going past me. I hear the distinct crack of my phone hitting the pavement and cringe. 'I'm so so sorry', I stutter frantically trying to grab my bag, 'I was trying to answer my phone and I should have been watching where I was going ...' I look up at the person and can see him more clearly in the light off a nearby street lamp. He was tall, and he bent down to grab my hand to help me up. 'That's ok, honestly I wasn't watching where I was going either'. He held up his phone with a guily expression. He voice was deep and I could tell he was trying not to laugh. All of a sudden I found hard not to laugh too. I suddenly saw an empty starbucks cup lying on the ground and noticed how my jacket was smelling of coffee more than usual. 'Oh my god, was that yours, I'm so sorry for- 'It's ok, seriously don't worry about it, I think you were the one who gave it to me actually...you used a yellow marker?'. I looked at the cup and sure enough there was my familiar tick done in yellow marker. 'Oh that was me', I said rembering a boy who had came in wearing a hat, sunglasses and a scarf just before I gave that last girl her own coffee.

I remebered how I had thought about why he was wearing sunglasses in December.... He picked up my phone and handed it to me. 'Sorry about you iphone', he said sounding concerned. And sure enough the screen was black and cracked. 'Oh yeah, thanks', I said putting it away quickly. A car drove by at that moment, it's lights shining on both of us, and I froze. The boy was no longer wearing his hat or sunglasses. He had brown curly hair that almost fell in his eyes and had one of the most recognisable faces on the planet. He had turned away and sighed as the car had drove by and it all made sense. 'You....you're....you couldn't be...' I whispered still staring at him like an idiot.

'You're Harry Styles!'. I couldn't believe it. 'Yeah, I am', he replied with a sheepish smile. 'Please don't scream ok?' he asked jokingly, but I could tell that he thought I was going to. 'Haha I won't but oh my god', I said. I probably looked so stupid standing there covered in coffee smiling like crazy. He changed the subject abruptly. 'Listen I feel bad about your phone, it looks new, let me buy you a new one', he asked. I was in a state of shock. He was offering me to buy me a phone?! 'You really don't have to do that-', I began feeling the heat rising in my face even though it was cold outside. 'No I do, you fell and everything', he paused, 'I kinda have to be somewhere at the moment but I can meet you here tomorrow evening at eight o' clock?' With one last handsome smile he said good bye and walked away towards the main street. I stared after him idly for a few moments. 'Besides, you owe me a new cup of coffee', he called and then he disappeared around the corner and out of sight...

                                                                                * * *

Did I dream the last few minutes off my life?, I wondered as I continued to slowly walk home. What were the odds of me running into him, I mean I knew the band were going to be staying in England before the start of their European tour in a few weeks, but it just seemed to be too incredible. Without thinking I opened the apartment buliding main door with my key and began climbing the stairs to the third floor. I reached the door of number twelve and knocked. My mam opened it within seconds. 'Oh Emily where on earth have you been? It's after 10 o'clock and I been trying to call you but you weren't answering your phone!'. She was already wearing her dressing gown. I took off my jacket and hand bag and hung them at the end of the stairs.

'I didn't know what to think', she continued while closing the door after me. 'I'm sorry, I closed up after work myself and then went to look around in some shops for Eleanor', I explained briskly while taking off my hat and trying to smoothen my hair. 'And I dropped my phone by accident and it sorta broke', I added nervously showing her the damaged screen. 'That's why I didn't ring you back'. My mam scowled but didn't seem to be too angry. 'Oh ok I see, it doesn't matter for now, I'm going back to bed...don't stay up too late honey'. She smiled and went back into her room.

The apartment was warm and cosy, and I pretty sure that I could smell pizza in the kitchen, but that would have to wait. I grabbed my laptop that I kept in a separate room that I used for studying and sat down on the couch. I had to tell Eleanor, Lauren and Hanna what just happened, I thought while opening my instant messenger. I had a new message from Hanna. It was about One Direction's upcoming tour dates in London. I paused. Would they really believe that it had been him? I closed my laptop slowly and went into the kitchen. I chewed on a slice of pizza and thought. I'll definately tell them after I see him tomorrow, I decided. I had school tomorrow, and it would be so difficult not to tell, but it would be better if I waited a while. I shivered with excitement. Me, Emily Rose Williams, was going to meet with Harry Styles tomorrow! Feeling exhausted I went into my bedroom and began to get ready for bed. I had to set my normal old alarm since I didn't have my phone. After listening to music for a while I finally fell asleep.