"I just moved in here two months ago," wika ni Aspen and closed the door behind them. "Good thing I have two bedrooms. You can take my guest room for now."

At dirediretso itong nawala papunta sa isang hallway. She quickly followed him and saw that she entered the kitchen and dining area. May malaking bar doon separating the kitchen from the modern dining table with mismatched chairs.

Nakita niyang naglagay ng alak sa isang baso si Aspen. "You want wine? Ugh, forget it," he said, instantly remembering that she's pregnant. "Sit down and we'll talk rules."

Katrina just looked at him weirdly. "What rules?"

"While you live with me, we need to establish some rules."

Katrina just stared like him like he was mad. 

"Do you still have school now or break ba ninyo?" he asked and took a quick sip of whiskey.

She sat on one of the chairs sa malaking dining table. "I have school."

"Alright, fine. I'll drive you to school every morning but my work ends at 6PM so you'll have no choice but to wait for me."

Natigilan si Katrina. "Why do I have to wait for you? Marunong akong magcommute."

"Walang jeep dito if you haven't noticed yet."

"Taxi, then?" giit niya. 

"Really? I don't trust taxi drivers. Not the least bit," he said. "Besides, when do you plan to take a leave of absence? You're running three months. Sooner or later, the baby will show."

Natahimik bigla si Katrina. She was now literally worrying for her future. Hindi siya makaka-graduate kasabay ng batchmates niya. She has to stop this semester and be behind. 

"Ano? Hindi mo ba naisip 'yon?"

Umiling siya. "Sinabi ko naman di ba? Hindi ko alam ang gagawin kaya lumapit na ako sa'yo," mahinahong wika niya. "Nalaman ko lang 'to a week ago when I started having morning sickness. Gulong-gulo ako kaya naisip kong sabihin na lang sa'yo."

He just sighed and took a sip of whiskey again. "You'll stop this semester. Just resume after you've given birth. File your LOA immediately this coming week. And then just stay here for the meantime. I'll have your checkup scheduled and the DNA test by next week."

"S-Salamat..." she uttered.

"I'll order dinner for us. May gusto ka ba?" tanong nito, fishing his phone from his pocket.

"Kahit ano na lang," she answered and looked at his stash of alcohol sa bar counter.

"Bawal to sayo. Don't you dare!"

"I won't. Alcohol is the cause of this problem. Kung hindi ka naglasing, walang mangyayaring ganto."

"Wow, it takes two to tango, miss," he said and scrolled through his phone.

"Just call me Katie. That's my nickname."

"I like Katrina better," he said, still looking at his phone.

"Fine, ikaw bahala. So iyon lang ba ang rules? That I need to quit this semester?"

Nag-isip ito. "You'll sleep in the room across mine. It's a smaller room for guests pero may sariling bathroom din iyon. I usually have a housekeeper here every Tuesday and Saturday so huwag kang magugulat kung may makikita kang ibang tao paminsan minsan. If may ibang kumatok maliban sakin at sa housekeeper ko, don't fucking open the door. Walang pwedeng makaalam na nandito ka kahit mga kaibigan mo."

"Okay," sagot niya. "What about my clothes? Ni hindi mo ko binigyan ng pagkakataong makakuha ng mga damit."

"Use mine for the meantime. Saka na tayo bumalik ulit sa squatter's area na yon."

"Ang kapal talaga ng mukha mo!" inis ulit na sigaw niya sa binatang nasa harapan niya. 

"I ordered steak for dinner. Sana naman marunong kang kumain ng steak," wika nito at naglakad na papalabas ng dining.

Babatuhin na sana ni Katrina si Aspen ng bag niya nang humarap muli ang binata sa kanya.

"One last thing - make sure the baby is mine. I'll kill you if you've been lying to me all this time," pagbabanta nito at lumabas na ng dining hall with his whiskey glass in hand.

****

A/N: OOOOOOF magwowork kaya ang live in situation ng aso't pusang to? :) ABANGAN!!! VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME para mabasa niyo rin ang mga kwento bago ang Hideaway. Make sure to read the love stories in the same series. :) 

HAPPY MONDAY!