Prologue

The hot spray of water from the shower pelted her back, searing away the days unwanted events. Her muscles slowly relaxing, releasing the last of its tension. Like always she stood unmoving allowing the water time to work its miracles. Relishing in her small piece of heaven she enjoyed the tranquility and peace. 

Taking a strained breath she dipped her head back allowing it to flow down her face and front for a moment. Raising her hands she slid them across her face and through her long, wet hair. After another moment she deemed it time to finish up. 

Grabbing her shampoo she applied the oppropriate amount in her hands and began to work out her hairs tangles next she worked on herself. When sure that all the soap was gone she turned off her shower and stepped out grabbing her soft blue towel.

Steam had taken over the mirror making her features blurry. Sighing she wiped it away stared at the broken mess before her. 

"It's ok. This is just a dream." She whispered to the reflection.

"None of it is real. You're gonna walk out of here and everything is going to be normal. Mommy and Daddy are gonna be in their bed. Lily and Logan are in their cribs and Muffin is waiting for you on your bed. Everyone's safe. Everyone's home."  She chanted the last bit to herself,  believing that if she said it long enough and really believed with all her 10 year old heart it could be true.

If only that was possible.