"I didn't know you considered the things we did and the times we spent before Y/n and I broke up to be dating..." Kuroo admitted and earned a small gasp from S/n.

"So I just assumed, huh?" S/n said quietly but loud enough for her fiancé to hear.

"I didn't wanna ask you out formally when I was still together with your sister, It wasn't right."

Kuroo stayed quiet as he looks blankly at the leaves that have fallen from a tree above them.

"I haven't done anything right for the past four years." his eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he buries his face into his hand, his elbows on his thighs.

"Maybe you haven't." S/n told the truth.

She reached her hand out to rub his back and comfort him.

Kuroo almost flinched from the sudden contact, but his mind couldn't help but hurt him with his own thoughts.

"Do you forgive me...?" He asked her quietly.

"To be honest, I'm not sure." S/n sighed and responded honestly.

"How can you?" Kuroo asked frustratedly.

If he was in her position, he would hate himself too.

But S/n was too kind, she always have been.

"How could you even look at me?!" Kuroo raised his voice but S/n still looked at him affectionately.

"Because I love you!" S/n answered and reacher her hands out, trying to cup his face and wipe his tears.

"Even if I don't forgive you yet, that doesn't change the fact that I still love you. You don't just stop loving someone, Kuroo." S/n explained and Kuroo looked at her with teary eyes, wondering why he got so lucky.

S/n pulls him into a hug and Kuroo just let her, resting his head on her shoulder.

"I don't deserve you..." Kuroo tells her while both their tears fell from their eyes.

She chuckles, knowing what he said was true.

"I'm glad you realize that.." she says jokingly and sniffled.

"Will you forgive me..?" Kuroo asks her still tearing up.

S/n stayed quiet but continued to hug him.

"I don't even forgive myself." S/n admits.

Kuroo stares at her for a while as she stays quiet, regret filled in her voice.

"I left her, Tetsuruo."

"She needed me and I left her alone..." S/n's tears once again streamed down her delicate cheeks.

"She was getting hurt. Not physically, but verbally, and I- I just watched..." she stuttered as her voice broke.

"I just watched her get hurt..." S/n felt nothing but guilt.

Kuroo's eyes closed in realization that he did exactly what S/n did.

He left her when she needed him.

He made her feel like he was always going to be there but he wasn't.

Perhaps he was never there for her at all.

"She used to be this happy.. and cheery k-kid and I..." S/n told him in frustration, her hands messing up her hair every now and then.

"That day when I was six I just- I watched her get crushed by our parents' harsh words." she wiped her own tears.

"And then I went to ask her if she was okay... she just stared into my eyes and from that moment on I knew that bright cheery kid was long gone." she sobbed.

"I'm so f*cking useless." her eyebrows furrowed.

Kuroo glanced at her before returning his gaze to the fallen leaves.

"You aren't.. You aren't the only one who left her." Kuroo ran his hands through his messy hair.

"We all did." he added, making the girl put her head down.

They sat on the park bench in silence for a few minutes before Kuroo stood up to fix himself.

"It's getting cold." Kuroo told her out of worry and reached his hand out to assist her up.

"Yeah." S/n grabbed his hand and then fixed her messy dress.

The moon lit up the dark skies as the two walked home in silence, neither of them bothering to speak any longer.

If they were to be honest, none of them expected the scene they'd go home to and were about to witness.

"I gave birth to you!" shouts their angry mother.

"WELL I DIDN'T F*CKING ASK TO BE YOUR DAUGHTER!" her younger sister's loud shout wad heard from across the street.