Chapter 5:Acceptance and Change

ابدأ من البداية

"Yes! It worked! You're freed from those tests, Encre!"She cheers

I check myself and find that I am a skeleton again. And the fact that I can still use my senses and didn't obey her proved that the tests are gone. I smile and hug her.

"Thank you so much!"I tell her

"Anytime, Encre."She says

I go down the staircase and go outside. I hear running footsteps against the mushy snow that is melting in the rising sun. Classique comes over and sniffs me. He smiles.

"Encre!"He cheers, tackling me to the ground

He kisses and licks me, hugging me while his tail wags. I laugh and he talks so quickly. Then his head perks up, sensing something. He looks behind himself and his ears lower. He lets out a growl.

"Wow, you certainly have some protection there, Encre."A friendly voice says

I look up and see Rufous coming over.

"Relax, Classique. This is my friend."I say

He gets up and helps me up. He turns to a skeleton with a dark blue jacket and black pants, though still had the ears and tail. Rufous looked at him in amazement.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Classique!"Classique says, smiling brightly

"I-I'm Rufous."He replies, seeming taken out of a trance

We gather together and spend the next while catching up. A howl around noon rings out and Classique leaves. Rufous realizes he has to go before the village starts wondering where he is. He bids me goodbye and runs out of sight.

 I head back inside, feeling happy and safe

I head back inside, feeling happy and safe. I start heading to Jasper's room. I hear heavy footsteps behind me. Thinking it was Fallacy, I look over my shoulder and smile as I take my coat off.

It was not him. No. Not even close. And it wasn't just one person. It was four.

They cover my mouth before I could yell as they closed in on me and cornered me. Each of them began to bite me, hit me, kick me, punch me, do any sort of thing to hurt me.

"Stay away from our leader."One says

"Our Lord does not have any reason to deal with crap like you."A second says

"Village filth."A third says

"You are nothing more than food. Food stays with food. Not among us. Get to know your place and stay in that place."A fourth growls

They say many other things, worse and worse everytime.

I look up at them as they beat and bite at me, crying. I could recognize their eyes. The first had green eyes, the second had one orange eye, the third had eyes that changed from purple to red&blue at each blink, so Poussière's. The fourth had a creepy red eye. They tied something around my mouth to gag and muffle me. I don't fight back. I don't know how. I'm outnumbered and that wouldn't help things either. I am trying to show that I am not a threat and fighting would make it look like I am. They tied my wrists together, then my ankles.