Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Hey guys! This is my first story, so please excuse any errors or weird wording in my story. Feel free to comment your suggestions because I'm writing this book in parts.(: And I'm not a fan of language in my writing, so please don't expect it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1:

"Wake up, you useless piece of crap!" Dad said as he slapped me across the face to wake me up. He must be in a good mood; usually his forms of waking me a lot harsher.

Hi, my name is Maegan Watson, and I'm 15 years old; my mom left my brother, Dad, and I when I was only 4. Ever since, Dad has been an alcoholic and abusive. She claimed she'd come back for my brother, Michael, and I; yeah, so much for that.

When Dad left the room, I got up to look for something to wear to school.

"Hmm... Oh! Found it!" I said aloud as I pulled a floral dress I had never worn before off its hanger. I dug out a red tank top to wear underneath the V-Neck of my dress; if I didn't, my dad would beat me a little harder than usual. I straightened my hair then realized I was running late. I slipped my boots on, grabbed my purse and books, and walked out the door. I had to walk to school because Dad wouldn't take me, and a bus doesn't come anywhere near my house.

As I was walking, a friend of mine slowed to a stop beside me.

"Honey, you look way too cute to be walking to school. Hop in!" Carah yelled from her silky black Ford Fusion.

"Thanks, girl," I said appreciatively. I hopped in, and put my seat belt on. "You have no idea how glad I am you drove by. I heard a hot new kid is coming today, and I had no time to do my makeup this morning... You don't mind if I do it now, do you?" I asked.

"No!! Go ahead! Gotta look good for the new kid," she smiled and winked. I applied my fair complected powder. I was finishing up my eye makeup when we drove into the student parking lot.

"Thanks for the ride, hunn!"

"No problem! I can't just leave you to walk miles to school, can I?!"

"Guess not!" I exclaimed with a laugh. Where was she the other days I had to walk to school? "Well, I better get to class. Thanks again for picking me up." I started towards my locker. There, I saw the most handsome guy I had ever seen. He had dark brown hair, stunning emerald-colored eyes, a complexion only a shade or two darker than my own; he was about 5'10", pretty thin, and dressed nicely in an light blue American Eagle shirt. 'This must be the new kid' I thought to myself, 'and his locker is right next to mine!' I felt a light blush appear on my face and a smile involuntarily grow on my lips.

As I walked up to my locker, I felt his eyes on me. I looked over to see a shocked face similar to the one I probably has when I saw him.

"Umm... Hi; you must be the hot- I mean, the new guy. I'm Maegan. What's your name?"

"Maegan..." this mystery guy- whom I had started to adore- said with a tone I'd never heard before. After a few moments, he finally spoke again. "Oh, sorry. I'm Brandon. Yeah, I'm the new guy," he stated. Smiling, we stood there staring into each others' eyes for what felt like hours. The bell rang notifying us that we had six minutes to get to our first period class.

"Hey, do you mind if I take a look at your schedule?" He passed me the white piece of paper on which seven classes had been printed; to my surprise, we had every class together. Wow, this is so a movie cliché.

"So? We have any classes together?"

"Ha, yeah. All, but one- Third. You have P.E., and I have BioMed."

"Sweet! So shall we head to first now?"

"We shall," I smiled and walked off with whom I hoped would be my boyfriend in the near future.