Chapter Two

The next morning, Kagome woke up with a splitting headache, second-hand embarrassment for... uh.. that cute guy for having to put up with her, and a loud groan from waking up to Katsuki's loud voice. "—TTY HAIR, I ONLY CHOOSE THE BEST, WHICH MEANS YOU'RE THE BEST, I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO NO MORE SELF DEPRECATION. HAVE A GOOD FUCKING DAY."

"Kaaaaaaat. Please shut up." Kagome groaned, curling up more in her bed.

"Nuh-uh. I told you not to get fucking drunk, but what do I get? Some scrawny fuck named Midoriya brought you home, and honestly you're lucky you ran into that guy and not some drunk pervert. In fact, judging by how worried he looked, I'd say he had to bring you home before one of them got to you."

"...not to drunk... p-perverts... m-!" Midoriya registered in her head as that cute psychologist that brought her home. "Midoriya!

"That woke ya up. Someone's got a crush, then huh?" Kagome shouted indignantly at him, but he stopped her. "Shut up, you're gonna hurt yourself more. And I have some news."

"What's that?"

"Eijiro asked me to move in with him," Katsuki mumbled angrily while messing with the promise ring on his finger. A heated color burned across his cheeks, and Katsuki looked at Kagome, who blinked her hangover away.

"YOOOO, FOR REAL?!" Kagome hugged Katsuki, her overactive quirk making them both fall off the bed as she shot at him with a little too much velocity. "OW!"

"FUCK. KAGS?!"

"i'M hUngOVer. Tell me you said yes!"

"Of course I said yes... look, I'm telling you cuz your stupid-ass self is gonna have to come up with a way to get a better salary to pay rent alone."

"Don't worry, Katsuki, I'm not your problem anymore!" Kagome said carelessly, making the already silent Katsuki grow even quieter somehow.

Not his problem, anymore. Like the naive little girl in front of him had grown up in the last year. Of course, she hadn't. Not one mannerism had displayed maturity. Not his problem, anymore. She wasn't a problem in the first place, goddammit. Not his problem, anymore. Like she'd been some burden. "Oi."

"Hm~?"

"You're always my problem, you naive piece of shit."

"Yeah, okay, Kat," Kagome chuckled, still naively. "All I'm saying is, that now I don't have to be as careful at work, cuz I won't get yelled at by my mother hen when I get back home~," she teased.

"Thanks, now I'm gonna petition Kirishima to adopt you, fucking bitch." Katsuki scowled, tossing a pillow at her head. Kagome blocked it with a shield from the kinetic energy of the pillow on impulse. She did that often, making a small shield around her when frightened. It was a good reflex. "Oh, your crush left his number on the table," Katsuki said, leaving the room. "I'm making eggs."

"Okay, thanks, Kat!" Kagome looked at the table and picked up the small, ripped out page that was presumably Izuku's.

XXX-XXX-XXXX . You were fun to talk to last night, and I wanna get to know you better. Don't feel pressured to text or call me though! I just thought it would be nice if we could talk more!~
Izuku Midoriya

Kagome's breath caught in her throat. She wasn't usually interested in going out and making friends. She had been a pro-hero, once, but never really talked to her hero 'friends' out of work, save for Katsuki who had ended up being her roommate. Momo texted her often, Jiro did, too, but Momo was busy with a lot of interviews lately, as well as starting a family, and Jiro never seemed to be on her phone. Kirishima was really cool, but he got along with everyone so Kagome knew she wasn't special, and in that sense, Kags had found she'd become somewhat recluse.