05 |The Wounds That Heal|

Start from the beginning

"Nurse Mehta, you are needed in ward 52."

"I can't allow you to discharge yourself when you haven't recovered properly. It's the hospital rules," she continued while the nurse left the ward.

"I can understand that you don't want to get in trouble, but I am fine honestly.  I'm not in pain and I feel much better." 

"Fine. Do whatever you want to do Mr. Verma. I hope it calms your heart to see me get fired and yourself not fully recovered," saying that she left the ward to get the discharge papers, not wanting to argue anymore. She had another patient to attend to and neither did she have the time nor patience to continue arguing with him.

I started to pack the small bag of clothes my driver brought yesterday after he found out I was in the hospital.

After I yelled at him yesterday, he still brought me clothes. I didn't intend on being rude to him but considering whatever went down yesterday, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me.

She came back with the papers and I took it from her and quickly signed it.

"Don't drink and drive the next time. It will send you either here or heaven." She took the papers from me who simply nodded while taking up the bag that sat on the bed.

Suddenly, her pager went off and her name was announced over the intercom.

"Will Dr. Sanyukta Ahuja please report to the emergency ward immediately."

She left the ward hastily to attend to the new case she had and I thought to myself for a quick second.

'So her name is Sanyukta huh.'

I took out my phone and dialled my driver's number, ignoring the shooting pain that was occuring in my sprained wrist.

"Tushar bring my car to the hospital and I will give you some cash to go back the house by an auto," I spoke, opening the door of the ward, now walking down the hall.

"But sir you just had an accident how will you drive. I can't let you drive when you're not well."

"Tushar I'm fine. Just bring the car."

"Sir you can get angry at me but I just can't let you drive."

"Fine, whatever."

I hung up and slipped the phone back into my pocket.

I walked outside only to be surrounded by news and media reporters and their big cameras and microphones.

"Sir! Sir! Is it true that you were drunk while driving?"

"Sir are you going to take a brake from your company or will you continue to work?"

I was bombarded by questions which were flying from left right and center, and to make things worse I could barely get through this THICK crowd.

This was a hospital for heaven sake.

"Look, yes I was drunk when I driving and that was what caused my accident which was very idiotic of me, and about me taking a break, I will not do so and I will continue to work."

"Sir you are a serious and no crap man but what caused you to take such a big step?"

"I have no answer to that, please excuse ms." I pushed them out of my way but they were acting like leeches.

I couldn't tell them that my parents were the cause of me drinking and driving.

No matter how much they may hate me or tell me to my face that I am their unwanted child, I can't let their reputation they have worked so hard for go down the drain.

This was my problem. I'm protecting them when I shouldn't be, however, I just can't bring myself to reveal their actions to the world.

I was being constantly pulled back by the fear of being hurt by them if I said anything based on incidents in the past. 

I finally saw the other driver who I called for pulling up in the hospital parking lot and I walked quickly over to the white Audi in the process of trying to get rid of these reporters.

I sat in the back seat and placed the bag beside of me, closing the door.

"Hurry up and drive," I ordered.

I sighed and leaned back, settling into the comfortable, red leather seat.

My life was filled with so much pain and sadness, but today she made me laugh.

She made me laugh so effortlessly, it was scared me.

Seeing her laugh along with me even though she was laughing at herself just made me laugh even more, and a smile wanting to grow on my face.

I placed my hand on my chest were my wound carved its place and thought about her changing the bandage, taking care of me.

'It's not like its going to happen again. Just face it Soham, the little amount of happiness that may enter your life won't last and the care that someone gives that won't either,' my mind told.

It was true. It was damn true and I just have to face the fact and live with it for the rest of my life.

"Sir we are at the office," Pradeep spoke, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I stepped out of the vehicle and I felt the atmosphere change. It was back to its old aura.

I could sense that my presence and dominance has instilled fear back into my employees and walked into the building with my blank, expressionless face.

I didn't want it to be this way, but with people believing that I was a pushover due to my kindness and leniency  towards them in the past, I had to change my conduct.

They stood up upon seeing me enter the main office and I greeted them soon after.

"Sir you have-" before I allowed my PA to finish speaking, I raised my hand indicating her to stop.

"I know. Make sure that Zain puts that file on my desk by the time my meeting is finished."

I heard a soft 'yes sir' from her and her scurrying away to do what I told her.

I paused outside the conference room and slightly turned my head to the side. "Find out the number for Dr. Sanyukta Ahuja," I said, ordering my secretary.
End Of POV

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany