Piercing with warmth

[William POV]
"Finally done with that pile of papers.."
[...]
"Everyone else has already left, huh..?"
I pace through the empty and broken up hallway and only hear my own breathing and the sound of cleaning tools used by the janitors who keep quiet like they should. I slowly walk past them, their eyes, filled with hatred, follow every step I take. I feel them piercing through me. Though..this is nothing new. I keep my head up high and here one of them click their tongue as I walked past them. I turned my head towards them. Their ocean blue eyes widen, I can see pearls of sweat form on their forehead. "What a miserable creature." I looked into their eyes for a moment. Just a short, brief moment, scoffed at them and went my way.
And once again, everything went quiet. Just me my thoughts and...humming?
A serene melody echoed through the hallways, it was crystal clear. The sound was so..kind. So disgustingly kind and warm. I heard steps in a certain order. I only heard the echo. It went like "Tap, Tap...Tap." Then Silence, then "Tap, Tap, Tap, a quiet step to the right and another one to the left.", I didn't know where it was coming from but I knew exactly what direction the steps went. The order of the steps made me curious.
[...]
The noise lured me in. I could feel myself swiftly moving along the hallway to the serene humming sound. It reminds me of those old mermaid tales. The man gets lured in by a beautiful song sung by a wonderful mermaid and dies..
[...]
Just now...the sound was closer. I pull myself from the gentle sound and stand in the hallway, in the distance, I can see emerald eyes looking at me. They are piercing me. But not with hatred. Not with displeasure. I felt a gentle warmth. Those eyes. Those beautiful emerald eyes. I couldn't help it but look back at them. I wonder what look I had on my face. The humming came from the same person as the one with those eyes.
"...Hello."
The dancing stopped and I could hear a sharp breath. Even that breath was in harmony to the song.
Slowly the emerald eyes came closer, I now saw a figure. Long, brown hair, faire and pale skin. A dress. No...an...old blanket? No not that either. It was an old potato sack.
I let out a laugh. Wait..I laughed? Confused by myself I stare past the girl approaching me.
I heard a soft and loving voice. It was quiet, like a whisper: "Oh...Hello, there..!"
I could now see her fully. She was rather small. If I wanted to, I could've spit on her head with ease.
"Was...I being too loud, sir?", she said and looked me straight into my silver eyes. Eyes like mine...are a curse. They symbolize a cold hearted person. Like my father is.
People are scared of them. No one ever dared to look at me. Only at me. Directly at my eyes. No one but this girl, who was wearing a dress made of sewn together potato sacks, covered in mud,  with her hands covered in soap and wore a small cleaning untensil to keep her hair up. I didn't know what it was. I didn't have to know. But she looked at me.
"Were you...humming that melody?"
[...]
She went quiet and I could see a ray of red flash over her face..
[TO BE CONTINUED]