6. Buisness As Usual

Start from the beginning

"Why would you trust me to go on any sort of mission? Last time we had a mission, I nearly..." Cora begins and then trails off. Fury stands up and places a hand on Cora's shoulder.

"Mistakes were made, when are they not. You've learned from them. Now, go get changed and get to the training field. Your partner should be here any minute." Fury says, Cora eyes him suspiciously when she hears the word partner.

"Partner, who did you?" Cora asks, but then stops as she see's a familiar face poke into the control room.

"Carol!" Cora says and rushes to Captain Marvel. Cora wraps her arms around Captain Marvel's neck hugging her. Caught off guard, Captain Marvel jumps slightly, but hugs Cora back.

"Well go on, do what Fury said to do." Captain Marvel says backing out of the hug. Cora nods and begins to exit the control room but stops and turns to the two people still in the room.

"I thought you weren't allowed to contact Captain Marvel unless it was an Earth is in danger need extreme backup emergency?" Cora asks and looks back and forth between Fury and Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel laughs lightly and looks at Cora.

"Well, I made an exception, for you. Not being able to train because the other cadets beat you and tell you, you don't belong, that's no excuse to miss out. I'll meet you on the field." Captain Marvel says, Cora nods and fully exits the control room.

"You really think she can be ready in time for whatever mission you have for them?" Captain Marvel asks turning back to Director Fury.

"At this point we can only hope." Director Fury says and walks out of the control room. Captain Marvel nods and looks to a security monitor and watches Cora rip something off her door, before entering her room.

Exiting the control room, Captain Marvel goes left and heads for the elevator at the end of the hall. Getting on the elevator, Captain Marvel pushes the third floor button. The elevator zooms up to the third floor, and the door opens to reveal Natasha Romanova or as seasoned Avengers know her as Black Widow.

"Hey Carol. What are you doing here?" Natasha asks getting on the elevator, Captain Marvel gets off the elevator and faces Natasha.

"Fury called me in, to help train Cora." She says, Natasha nods to her. The elevator door begins to close, but Captain Marvel catches it.

"What do you know about the new Avengers bullying and beating Cora?" Captain Marvel asks, Natasha gives a concerned yet questioning look.

"I didn't know they were doing that again. Last I heard all incidences involving Cora and the new recruits were handled." Natasha says honestly.

"Might want to take another look into it. Seems to be starting up again." Captain Marvel says and let's go of the elevator door, Natasha nods before the door closes all the way.

Walking away from the elevator, Captain Marvel walks down a hallway filled with doors, halfway down the hall she stops and leans up against the wall and stares at the door in front of her. The door slides open and out walks Cora.

"I thought you were going down to the field?" Cora asks as she jumps a little from seeing Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel appraises Cora's all black training attire and nods.

"Figured I'd walk with you. And let those so called new recruits see who they'll have to deal with if I hear they start messing with you again." Captain Marvel confesses, Cora looks down to the floor as she feels her face turn red.

"Honestly, they've let up since the last time..." Cora starts to say, but then stops as she sees an angry look come over Captain Marvel's face.

"Regardless, you shouldn't be treated like you don't belong. Let's get to the field." Captain Marvel says and heads for the elevator, Cora nearly has to break into a sprint in order to keep up with her.