My childhood

Do you know what's it's like to have very poor parents? Parents that beats you to the core you feel like running away? Parents that beats you for telling the truth? Parents that beats you for trying to be you? Wow! You know most times I felt like I was a bad kid even though I wasn't doing anything anyway.

My name is Nardika Bartley, a name that was giving to me by my father who I truly loves so much. He even told me that I was named after a mermaid LOL/WEIRD because I can't even swim to save my life.  I've spent most of my childhood living with my dad and in my story you will notice that he's been mentioned multiple times more than my mom, because I've spent most of my times with him than my mom.

I'm from the beautiful country Jamaica 🇯🇲 "Yah Man Straight From Yard Yuh Zimi". Having two (2) sisters and three brothers (3) eldest of them all, now they all look up to me, but am the only one for both my mother and father, others are from different moms and dads. So you guys know a little about me, now let's just jump into the reality of my childhood.

From I was about 8 months old, my dad took me away from my mom to live with him, due to the fact that my mom wasn't responsible enough to take care of me because she was pretty young and don't know to to take care of me and it was more like 'a child trying to take care of a child', so yea my dad took me to live with him all alone. I had no brothers and sisters at that time. At about 8 years old my dad send me to live with this awesome family,  because unfortunately he couldn't maintain me anymore, I still think. I don't remember a lot about this family but I can remember staying with them for quiet a while was super magical. Staying/living with them was pretty rough but I still managed throughout the whole time. Nardika was new and strange to everyone so they named me princess, lol I was such a cute little one too. I would woke up in the morning and tied out goats before getting ready for school and it was more like a 'Have to do' before go to school stuff. It eventually became a 123 routine for me. After getting ready for school I would  normally take a taxi/cab to get to school which would take about 12-15 mins from the house to reach there, but be warned! You have to walk back home because that small lunch money couldn't pay for breaks, lunch and your taxi fee to take you back home! So I would walk back home, which roughly  would be 1hour/1 hour 15 mins to reach home because we would stop and play on the road. No worry most of the children would walk too, it was all fun to do. After getting home, after greeting everyone with 'good evening' I would cool myself off before changing off into my yard clothes. After changing, the books came first before playing or watching cartoon. Sadly I was the only child living in the house so after finishing my homework I had no one to talk or play with! But!!! No worries, trees, benches and I were very good friends. I would mostly play school with them and wherever I told them to spell a word and I thought that they didn't spelt it correctly I would beat the their butt, LOL DWL. These days where so fun for me and to add to that, my dad would visit me whenever he could find the time. I sure do enjoys all these moments. Getting A's and my dad visiting me more often was one of the best feeling but how long could I live without my dad for, sometimes I would wonder what my mother looks like because I just couldn't recalled remembering her face in my head. I started loosing it, like completely loosing it, all the A's and on top of it my daddy started to hardly come around saying he couldn't afford it to see me anymore! At 10 years old I was so stressed, so miserable, so down, because my daddy wasn't there to cheer me up like he promised me he would every weekend. One day I cried so hard to the lady I was staying with, telling her I wanted to go back home to live with my father. She cried with me and agreed to take me back home the next day. I was so happy I packed everything that night and couldn't wait for the morning to come just to be back home with my father.

The morning came and we were all packed and ready to leaved. I kissed everyone good bye and told them that I would visit them when my dad get the chance to take me there. We left the house and on our way, the lady called my dad and told him that we were on our way to him, because I wanted to stay back with him. I didn't hear his respond clear but he sound so upset and angry. She hanged up and told me not to worry. Now my dad is one of the most miserable dad in the world he gets mad and loud for anything and everything! I started to worry! After finally arriving to the meet up spot, I was so anxious to see him, like as I saw him I quickly ran over to him with the bags with this big ass smile on my face like any normal kid running to an ice-cream truck. Yea ik you know that feeling. "Why the bumboclaat yuh com back and me neva ready fi take yuh back" was what I was greeted with by my father, the man I am so happy to see!

That's just where the problem begins!!!!!
I will tell you part 2 in my next story time🤎
Leave a comment and tell me what you think about my childhood so far.