Domestic Delusion

Start from the beginning

With a shudder Sam practically ran out the door to her room, not stopping when Mike called after her. She needed help.

Shuffling around, she knocked over her alarm clock and wallet before reaching out to the Vampires Everywhere comic. Sam needed to bring in the infantry. She needed to call the Frog Brothers.

"Frog Comics doesn't open until-"

"Edgar!" Sam cut him off with a quick breath of relief that he answered. She couldn't get the words out fast enough. "Edgar, something happened."

Sam's tone managed to catch his attention before he hung up the other line, and even through the phone she could tell that he just woke up.

"I'm listening." He croaked, holding back a yawn.

"I - I don't know what happened but Mike's memory has been wiped. He doesn't remember anything, Edgar. He doesn't remember anything about the vampires, or that he's turning into a bloodhound. Hell, he doesn't even remember that he has a girlfriend." She watched the door like a hawk, waiting for Mike or even Lucy to storm in at any moment.

"Sam, what do you mean?""

"He doesn't remember anything!"

There was a silence on the other line but Sam could hear Alan shuffle over and after a moment of muffled words she heard a loud curse.

"Guys, come on," She groaned impatiently. "what are you guys talking about? I could use some help over -"

"This means the bloodsuckers are on to us, Sam." Alan jumped in quickly.

"They know we know." Edgar clarified.

Sam opened her mouth, but words wouldn't come out. Her throat went dry and the words died on her tongue.

"We better lay low for a little bit. We know a lot, but shit, what if they wipe our memories too? Then we'll be sitting ducks."

The Frogs were probably right, but it didn't change the rage and frustration that bubbled up inside Sam.

The vampire made it personal. Star made it personal. She twisted and played with Michael's mind, making him fall for her and then what? She threw him away. She was playing games with his head and his heart, and Sam was going to put a stop to it.

She could hear the Frogs trying to talk to her, but she wouldn't hear it. Sam was beyond reason. She hung up the phone without looking at it and changed out of her sandy clothes. In her head she was mentally gearing up for a fight. 

At some point Sam made her way downstairs with a pulsing headache, her head and body fighting the whole way. Even with the excitement of the morning something felt off. She plopped down at the table slowly, keeping her head up by cradling it in one of her hands. All track of time was lost to her. She couldn't tell if it was still morning or if the afternoon had crept up on them. She was still sluggish and tired. It seemed she wasn't the only one.

Michael came down for breakfast none the wiser, showered and ready for the day but his eyes were only half open. Lucy was dragging her feet with her steps, wiping away the sleep from her eyes.

The only one who seemed chipper as ever was their grandpa. He must have been in his workshop but popped his head out to refill his coffee. He was humming an older tune, something by Johnny Cash, and was waltzing back to the coffee pot. As he approached he reached out and spun Lucy around in a clumsy circle as he reached for the milk in the refrigerator.

His eyebrows perked up and he pushed his glasses down his nose to look around.

"What's the matter with you three?"