Into the woods

Alarm ringing at 5:00 am, playing a noisy, annoying, ringing tone over and over again. I put the brush down and rushed over to my bedside table to shut the alarm clock off. Such irony, yesterday I had thought about going into those woods soo much last night I slept way past my bedtime and yet still I  beat the alarm at it's own game.

          I guess the same excitement the kept me from sleeping was the same one that woke me up very early this morning.  Today being my birthday also added up to my excitement.

          The thought of it made me chuckle as I waltzed back to the bronze-rimmed oval-shaped sheet of glass hung up on the wall. Looking great,as always, I thought whiles looking at my reflection in the mirror with a smirk across my face.
Yet my eyes shot up at my hair which still looked undone even after I gave it a few more strokes of the brush. I looked to the side and grabbed my favourite cap off the rack. A dark blue one that matched my uniform with the initials R.J on it, which stood for Road Jackals. I slapped it on ,hopefully to hide my savage, wild, untamable hair.

         As I sat on my packed my books into my bag my phone rang.
It's a text from Fred.Heading over to your place, Chuck's already at the gate with Brian. I put the phone into my bag and ran downstairs to get breakfast.
Mom usually prepared breakfast for my sister and I but I couldn't afford to wake her up. Soo I brewed some tea, fried an omelette and made toast.

            Mom came downstairs as I was washing the dishes I'd used.  As soon as she lay her eyes on me she was shocked. And I knew exactly why, I've never been ready this early for school.

        "Morning, mom”‚ I greeted first. Mum had already gotten dressed up for work, not that I was surprised or anything. What time is it?"she asked...."5:20"I answered. I could see the awe on her face just before it faded into mirth"Well then you're up early what's the reason"
               It's go time, I thought. I'd prepared an excuse last night just in case any questions were. Part of the reason I'd slept late. I knew very well she could see through or was I just a bad liar.
“Ned's helping me out with a project”.
“ How come he didn't do that yesterday when he came over”.
“Homework....storm”.
“Alright then”, she went into the kitchen to prepare her breakfast
“ Happy birthday, by the way”
“Thanks mom”‚ I ran up the stairs to get my bag .

          When I came back down mom was watching a news report. “Eye witnesses say, it was a meteor, small and blue that fell into the forest late last night. One person caught a video of it just before it crashed”, the video was played next. Then I heard my mom mumble something out, “Its back”, as she placed her mug down and sat in the sofa hunched over, head in between her palms supported by her elbows resting upon her knees. “Eerr...mom are you okay”, I leaned over from behind the couch.

        Suddenly I heard someone descending down the stairs. “Jaacce...”, she yelled as she came down, groaning with every. “ What's wrong?” I asked. “You woke me up with all the ruckus you made when you came upstairs”. “Yeah soo , it's only...” I lifted my arm to check on my wristwatch, “....5:30 . Soo quit whining you big crybaby”. How many times do I gotta tell you to stop calling me that, Moommm...”. “Jace...

“ Okay, soo bye everyone”
“Bye,Jace”
“Bye big bro, have a happy birthday”

          I shut the door, went to the garage grabbed my bike and rode off. I met up with Fred and together we took a detour from the path to school into the Tech-ville woods”