The Time I Thought About It, But Never Dreamt It Would Happen

"I just think its funny" My best friend Kaitlyn said, as she tried keeping up with me as I walked fast down the shady street in which the post office was on.

"How is it funny? I think its nice that he still writes to me." I stated. "You're just jealous that you didn't have as good as a connection with your pen pal in third grade as I did." She just rolled her eyes but that statement was completely true. Kaitlyns's pen pal sent her his booger that he said took him 3 hours to get out of his nose. He also said he loved her after she said that she would kiss him on the cheek.

"Does he even know what you look like? Even more important, do you know what he looks like?!" She asked skipping a little to catch up to me, her scarf almost flying off her neck.

"No..." I whispered.

"SEE ALLYIE! This guy could be a total creep, with no future ahead of him! For what you know, he could end up playing video games in his mom's basement for the next 30 years, leaving you to take care of your 3 children." She said, waving her hands everywhere to emphasize what she said. This time, I rolled my eyes. I knew she was completely wrong. Niall...that's his name, he told me that he had brown hair and green eyes and that he played guitar. He knew what i looked like to,  I told him, but of course I would never tell Kaitlyn this. She would freak.

"Just leave me in peace. Its not like we will ever meet, I don't really think he wants to meet me anyway" I said, opening the large postage box that she often called "BITCH". She never explained why, she just did. 

"Can we leave already? Its freezing out here." Kaitlyn said, complaining as usual. 

"Hold on" I said, kissing the envelope and dropping it in the postage box like I always did. Today I had red lipstick on that showed up on the envelope, which I personally liked. "Okay lets go."

We walked back to my house, which was about 2 blocks away. After a while she blurted out "Why didn't we just take the car? Then we could have gone to Justin's house and"

"Justin this, Justin that" I said, imitating her. "You know I don't like him, why would i want to go to his house?" I never did like him. It was 8th grade, we were in the cafeteria. He purposely and when i say purposely, I mean it...so he purposely spilled his pasta with marinara sauce all over my new dress. Not to mention he called me fat every time he saw me in the hallways. 

"C'mon Allyie.."

"No. If you want to go see Justin so bad, take the bus or something" I said pushing her away and walking faster than I was before. 

"Seriously Al, why are you being like this lately?!" She screamed, catching up to me. 

"Being like what?" I yelled, stopping and turning towards her  "I just want my old friend back. Not the one that disapproved of everything I did! And not the one that is basically making me like someone who I don't like and I know doesn't like me! I want old Kaitlyn back" I turned back and ran towards my house that was only yards away. Once I got to the door I turned back and looked at Kaitlyn, she stood there staring at me, but before I could start crying I ran inside and slammed the door. 

"ALLYIE'S HOME ALLYIE'S HOME!!" I heard my annoying little sister yell from the kitchen, and her foot-steps running from the hardwood floor in the kitchen to the soft carpet into the living room and the patter of her feet following me up the stairs.

"Go away Hannah" I  yelled at her still facing forward.

"But look what I made for mommy! LOOK!"

"No!" I slammed my door shut. I jumped on my bed. All I wanted was Niall. Whenever I read his letters I just felt better...all I could think about was him actually being there to hold me and cuddle me and tell me that everything was going to be alright and that Kaitlyn and I were going to be friends again.