"y/n?" draco says groggily, the noise of me packing having woke him up. i look back as he yawns, rubbing his eyes, "we should go back-"

"it's morning draco" i say hurriedly, pointing behind me at the sun. his eyes widen, and he stands up quickly, helping me grab the bags.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry.. i meant to wake-"

"it's okay" i say, cutting him off and picking up my bag, "let's go"

he nods and picks up his bag, both of us rushing out of the tower. we take every shortcut possible, trying to get down into the dungeons. we finally make it the the entrance, severely out of breath.

"pure-" i start to gasp out the password

"wait" draco says, standing up straighter, "should we walk in together? or should i wait a minute-?"

"what?" i say, still breathing heavily

"well, you know, if everyone's in the common room they're going to ask questions"

i look at him, my jaw dropping slightly, "that's what you're worried about right now?" i shake my head, looking back at the wall, "pure blood" i whisper, and the stones begin to part to let us through.

thankfully, no one is sitting around the fire in the common room. we still have a half hour until the morning bell rings, so i'm hoping everyone is still asleep. i try and steady my breath before starting to the stairs-

"hey" draco says quietly, his hand coming to my lower back. i turn my head to him, as he clear his throat and lets out a breath, "last night..."

"we can talk about it later" i smile a little, nodding me head. he nods to, letting his hand fall from my back. he smiles, giving a small wave and saying goodbye, before turning and jogging to the boys stairs.

i climb up my own staircase, finding my way to the fourth year dorms. i quietly push open the door, trying to make the least amount of noise possible. everyone's asleep still, and i tiptoe over to my bed and begin to change. i throw draco's jumper (which i had forgotten i had on) into my chest, getting out pajamas and pulling them on. i tuck myself into bed as quickly as i can, settling down and pretending to be asleep until the morning bell rings.

__________________________

"i want you to know that i tried to get pansy to stop talking" i'm sitting in first period now, muggle studies, with hermione, "and i don't believe a word of that horrible article"

"thank you" she smiles, pulling out her books onto her table, "you seem to be the only one" she looks around us, checking to see if people are listening, and then leans in closer, "i just don't understand.. how rita could have known-?"

"known what?" i say quickly, "you haven't been mixing love potions, right?"

"don't be stupid" she rolls her eyes, "of course not. it's just... how did she know viktor asked me to visit him over the summer?"

"so that part was true?" i raise my eyebrows

hermione nods, "he asked me right after he'd pulled my out of the lake" she mutters, "well after he'd gotten rid of his shark's head..." she looks around us again, and then continues, "he sort of pulled me away from the judges, and said, if i wasn't doing anything over the summer...and he did say he'd never felt the same way about anyone else" she goes on, "just like rita wrote in the article"

"and what did you say?" i say excitedly as hermione's cheeks flush

"well then we were swept away for judging, i never got to answer" she shrugs, "but how could rita have heard him? how would she know all of that to write in the article?" she finishes worriedly, turning back to her books.

the rest of class we chat quietly every now and then, mostly when i have questions on the subjects. i then have a hour of free time, which i spend in the library with theo and goyle, seeing as i can't find draco. then we all head down to potions, where the other slytherins and the gryffindors are already gathered outside snape's classroom.

"have you seen the article, granger?" pansy shouts, holding the paper out in front of her, a large smirk on her face. i see hermione's face fall slightly, and she looks as she's about to retort- but the classroom door swings open and snape beckons us inside. i take my normal station with daphne and pansy, while the station across from us houses draco, crabbe, and goyle. i see the golden trio take a station at the back of the class, all of them huddled around the magazine. i don't think harry and ron have read it yet. i'm distracted from them by snape writing today's ingredients on the board, which we all quickly begin to collect. the trio, however, remains still, whispering frantically between each other. snape must notice too, because he's soon making his way over to them.

"fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is, miss granger" he says cooly, "i must ask you not to discuss it in my class. ten points from gryffindor" i hear all my friends snicker, "reading magazines as well?" he snatches up witch weekly, "another ten points" this time there's audible laughs from the slytherins, snape smiles.

he then begins to read the article out loud, tormenting harry and hermione while the slytherin's laugh in the background.

"...harry potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthier candidate" snape finishes, "how very touching" he sneers, rolling up the magazine, "i think i better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled loves lives" snape rearranges all of us, moving me to an empty table up front and putting hermione in my place... right next to pansy, which i'm sure is no coincidence. harry's moved to the very front table with me. i look at him awkwardly, trying to force a smile.

the whole rest of class, snape won't stop trying to provoke harry, but we both try and stay focused on our potions work. then, a knock comes on the dungeon, and all of us turn our heads to see karkaroff entering, making his way to snape's desk. he keeps badgering snape, expressing the importance of what he has to tell him, but snape keeps pushing him off, saying to wait until the end of the lesson. 

karkaroff waits behind snape's desk throughout the whole period. whatever he has to tell him must be really important. as the bells rings, and the rest of the class begins to move towards the door, i say goodbye to harry quietly and then tip over my vial of armadillo bile, letting it spill onto the floor. i duck down quickly, hiding behind the station to "clean it up" while listening to karkaroff and snape talk.

"what's so urgent?" snape hisses at karkaroff

"this" karkaroff responds. i peer around the edge of the table, seeing him pull up his left-hand sleeve, pointing to his forearm furiously, "well?" he says, in a hushed tone, "do you see? it's never been this clear, never since-" 

"put it away!" snape cuts him off. i turn back quickly against the table, breathing heavily. i frantically start cleaning back up the bile, then straightening myself up

"what are you doing here, y/l/n?" snape shouts, both him and karkaroff now standing completely still

"cleaning up my armadillo bile, professor" i say innocently, holding up my soaked rag and broken bottle. snape nods slightly, as i throw all of my books and ingredients into my bag, rushing out of the classroom as quickly as possible.

__________________________

thanks for all the well wishes on my sat and physics/calc tests lol. i got  1380 on the sat (yay!) haven't gotten my school grades back yet tho. trying to make longer chapters for u guys as best i can :) 

vote/comment/share <3

p.s. thank u for 64k reads!