Riding Alone With the King Ch 5

After my father left I continued to show him around the grounds and told him how many crops we produced this year and other information that he would be interested in. Then I decided I would take him to my favorite place.

"Where are we headed now I thought that you said that that was the last of the property?"

"It is the last of our Fields but not the end of our property."

"Alright."

We headed deeper into the woods and they came to a clearing in this clearing was a meadow. Beyond the meadow was a waterfall and a large water hole. As we got about halfway through the meadow I pushed my horse up into a gallop. The king followed suit and did the same.

"Here we are. This is my favorite part of our property only my father and I know about this place it's just so beautiful." I said.

"It is very beautiful," He slowly continued, "although it is not the most beautiful site I have ever seen."

"Well that is likely considering that you have traveled all over you land and have seen many beautiful site."

"Where is this place that is more beautiful than this?" Then he turned around towards me and looked straight into my eyes. My knees went week and it seemed as though he was staring into my soul.

"Right in front of me." He responded.

I turned around to see what he was looking at but I saw nothing but Fields. "But that water fall is more beautiful than this meadow."

"It is not the meadow I was looking at."

"Oh! Well what were you referring to then?"

"I cannot tell you that you will have to figure out on your own."

"Well we probably should head back soon and get ready for the welcoming feast we are having tonight in your honor." I replied very confused.

"Yes that is indeed a good idea."

We rode back in silence but I just couldn't stop thinking about him and what he meant. We arrived and handed our horses off to the boys and headed inside. A bath was drawn in his room for him and after he finished the bath would be moved into my room.

I lay down on my bed and started day dreaming about him. He was so handsome and polite. He treated me as his equal not like a woman. It's a shame that he never will like me the way I like him. He probably has girls throwing themselves at him all the time. I decided I was not going to be one of those girls and I wouldn't give in to his charms. His act was hard to see through but I knew he was never always that polite.

Then I heard a knock on the door it was Marie telling me the bath was ready so I headed into one of the spare rooms it had been set up in and stripped down and hopped in. The bath was not as hot as usual but it was ok because today was a very hot day for October and I was still warm from the ride.