Two Minutes

Pop! Pop! Pop!

"USUI TAKUMI!" Misaki Ayuzawa, sixteen year-old lass, called out in annoyance.

"What?" The blond haired guy asked innocently as he looked up to her. He was waiting for her to get change a while ago so he entertained himself with the little toy he bought this morning.

"Don't 'what' me, you baka." She told him in a serious tone. "Can you please stop playing with that thing?"

Raising an eyebrow up, Usui could not understand why she was asking him to do that. "Eh?" he asked. "This firecracker is harmless, Pres. No need to worry about me." He defended then showed her the box of 'Pop-pop' and pointed at the label. "See? It is even designed for children."

"Suit yourself. I don't care if you'll get hurt you know." Misaki said, shoving his hand away. "J-just stop o-okay?"

Usui grinned as he noticed her voice shake with her last sentence. Why didn't he notice it earlier anyway? Each time he drop a piece of the firecracker, Misaki easily jump in surprise so she tend to stay away from him. He rose from his seat and stepped forward.

Misaki gulped with his action. Gazing at him, she saw his wolfish smile. "Oh no, you won't." she said, stepping back in the process.

But he didn't stop. "Sorry. My hand slipped." He said as he dropped the firecracker near her feet.

POP!

"Ahh!" Misaki shrieked and jumped in surprise.

Seeing that she'll be out of balance, Usui swiftly moved to catch her. He chuckled. He didn't know that the so-called demon president of Seika High School was actually afraid of firecrackers.

"That's not funny you know!" she told him, tears slightly filling her golden eyes.

"Sorry. I'll stop now, Ayuzawa." Usui told her softly as he hugged her. "But I have a favor to ask."

Misaki remained silent.

"Let me be with you for the rest of the night."

"WHAT?" the raven haired girl blurted out in disbelief. She released herself from his hold and looked at him. "Don't you have anything more worthwhile to do? You have been following me since this morning!"

Usui smirked. "Watching Misa-chan is worthwhile for me."

Misaki blushed, not expecting his answer. She knew very well that it was his character to do that, but she wasn't still used to hear those kind of words. After all, most of the time, she heard boys calling her a demon.

Watching her expression, Usui smiled widely. "But to answer your question, I actually have something important to do…"

"What are you waiting for then?" Misaki entered, trying to stop his favor. Well, it was not that she hated being with him. She would lie to herself if she would say that. Only that, she felt that he had something crazy on his sleeve.

"…for later." He continued, ignoring what the girl was saying. "What time is it anyway?"

Misaki then took her wristwatch from the pocket of her pants. She was about to check the time when Usui suddenly snatched it from her. "HEY!"

"Ah. I still have much time to kill." Usui said as he saw that it was only ten thirty.

"Give me back my watch, you baka." Misaki ordered.

"My, my." Usui said, teasing. He swiftly slid the wristwatch to his pocket. "Don't you know how much it hurts for me to hear you call me that, Pres?"

Misaki threw him an expression of disbelief. "Stop being melodramatic, Usui. Give me back my watch. I still have many things to deal with."

"I know."