day four: sweet & salty

Start from the beginning

"daichi, you make me and so many other so happy. we love you. even if no one else does, i love you. don't listen to her," he practically begged daichi, pushing down on his gas even harder.

there were a few more feeble hits to the door, then there was a loud pounding. daichi's father. he yelled, "open the fucking door!"

"daichi," suga rushed out, worried.

suga heard daichi muffle a cry.

crack!

"daichi!"

"fuck," daichi sobbed, "koshi hurry please! hurry!"

"what was that? daichi?"

"the door," daichi said, exasperated. "that was the closet door."

"baby, you have use the window! run!"

daichi did as he was advised, opening the window. "where," he asked, the screen ripping loudly.

"the park, baby! i'll meet you at the park! run! you're not safe," suga said as his chest tightened.

thump.

"daichi?"

"i'm fine," he panted. suga relaxed a little as he heard daichi's hurried footsteps against pavement.

soon enough, suga was at the park. his door was cracked open, ready for daichi to swing it open so they could run away.

daichi huffed in the phone's microphone, losing his breath as he ran. "koshi," he panted sounding panicked, "god fuck! start the car! they're driving up behind me! koshi! fuck! i'm scared!"

before suga could respond, beep beep beep. "daichi?" suga looked at his phone. daichi had hung up on him. "daichi!"

his car had never been turned off, so he quickly turned if around and sped down the way he knew daichi was running.

not too far from the park, suga slammed into the breaks, seeing daichi, indeed being followed by his parents. daichi flung the door open, and as soon as he sat down, suga pressed the gas pedal to the floor, taking a few turns to get daichi's parents off their trail. when suga was sure he'd lost them, he pulled over.

he turned the car light on and and sighed, looking over at daichi. daichi was looking into the window, avoiding eye contact. he gently placed his hand on daichi's thigh, feeling the muscle tighten at his touch.

"can i see," suga asked, softly. without saying anything, daichi turned his face. his cheek was swollen, and his lip was bleeding. "oh my god baby," suga moaned, touching his hand to the side of daichi's head. "did they hit you anywhere else?"

daichi nodded but didn't show him anything else. suga leaned over the center console and held daichi lightly, not wanting to hurt him. the other boy sunk into his embrace, gripping desperately at suga's shirt.

"you don't deserve that," suga muttered, "you don't deserve any of that."

daichi heaved out a breath. "i'm sorry."

"why," suga asked, nuzzling his nose into daichi's hair.

"i'm sorry you had to come get me again."

"no, baby, it's okay. it's okay. it's not your fault. none of this is your fault," suga cooed, rocking themselves. "i'd come get you everyday if you needed me to."

daichi's voice broke as he said, "i don't deserve you."

"baby, of course you do. i love you. i wouldn't want anyone else." daichi sniffled, and his breath became heavy, hot on suga's skin. he let out a cry, and suga rubbed his back. "let it out," he said, his voice calm and sturdy, ready to be the rock daichi needed.

daichi broke down, salty tears seeping into suga's shirt. his cries were so raw, and they made suga's eyes water. his body shook with each howl, growing louder and louder as time went on and he let down his guard.

suga felt his anger festering inside of him. he couldn't believe that the people who were supposed to be daichi's parents would ever treat him like that. he wanted to scream at them. he wanted to make them feel even a fraction of the pain they had put daichi through.

he just didn't understand. he would never understand. daichi was such a sweet boy. he did what he was told, he made good grades, he stayed clear of drugs. daichi regularly volunteered at the hospital. what else could they want of him? daichi wasn't a saint, but that never stopped suga from finding him wonderful.

the only thing suga could really think of, but even it wasn't justifiable, was that he was gay. suga knew daichi's parents hated their relationship and him. he didn't really care. he was honestly glad daichi's parents hated him. the feeling was mutual anyway.

lightly rocking daichi, suga pressed kisses all over the side of his face. "you're perfect daichi. just the way you are. i swear to god one of these days we'll move in together and you'll never have to seen them again."

daichi sharply inhaled, "i love you."

"i love you too."