Chapter Fifteen

Začať od začiatku

Slightly whimpering in the slushy storm of thunder and rain, he curled himself against his temporary fix, sighing as the clouds billowed in the wild of the night like some wolves on the hunt, far from their home and on the run, closely reflecting his rather salvaging feelings regarding his  impersonal endeavours of eloping like some mad man, too impulsive to be reckoned with, too intuitive to be reasoned with, or so he had assumed when he was unconsciously reeled into a sweet memory that had engulfed his otherwise raging thoughts whilst twisting them into a honeyed languish, making him desperate as he had never been, for someone he had just only met.

Insomnia coerced his quixotic and quirky mindset, that was somewhat addled with heady and highly exhilarating thoughts of the affably suave looking stranger. Emmett was preposterously prepping himself for heartbreak, he was tending to his feelings, irrevocably, sensibly recollecting his rather turbulent emotions, basking in the resurgence of the peace that was thwarted by some pesky life decisions and overcome by some overthinking of the mind to pay any heed to his surroundings. For what was worth, the once miserable boy had elegantly mastered the art of equity and harmony, to weaken his presumptuous and problematic beliefs of before, especially regarding himself by slightly altering his perspectives. This restoration was but someone's gift to him, an insight that he had the blessing to undertake or so he thought as he sheepishly smiled to himself.

"Good morning!"

Unexpectedly, Emmett had lost his balance on the secluded bench that he had been so happily perched upon, earlier. Unpredictable, he was too dumbfounded to interpret the severity of the situation since he hadn't really expected anyone's intrusion. Nevertheless, as Emmett helped himself up, he slowly, turned around to confront him.

"I apologise for scaring you off like this, it wasn't my intention to be the cause of your concern." The middle-aged man sincerely apologised, offering him a soft smile.

"It is fine, I was just not expecting someone to be here." Emmett forcibly smiled at him.

"I didn't mean to intrude but it rather seems to be a frightening place, I can only imagine how dreadful it could get in the night." The man stated, observing the park with much interest.

"Well, it is not much of a spooky park. It provides me with serenity, and solitude has been widely misinterpreted by the commonwealth, for, in my opinion, it brings forth a peace that helps in self-reflection of the soul." Emmett shrugged, as he tried to remain calm despite being driven by anxiety.

"You seem to know much about these things. Do you take interest in Psychology?" He asked curiously.

"Yes, the brain is quite complicated, and it evolves every day to something anew. It is fascinating to me, it always has been." Emmett truthfully answered.

"You are too mature for your age, son. But I'd like to ask something if I may?" He genuinely commented.

"Sure, go ahead." Emmett nodded in response.

"What is it about this place that you love the most?" The man enquired.

"I love almost everything about this place, it's hard to choose," Emmett admitted, although he couldn't exactly tell him the whole truth.

"Interesting. I can see the admiration in your eyes. There's this sparkle that is too iridescent to be simply mistaken for happiness, it as if you fancy something a little too much, do you?" He questioned, quirking his brow at him.

"I am not sure if I know the answer to your question." Emmett hesitated.

"I apologise again for my inquisitiveness. I couldn't help but be drawn towards this establishment, it has quite a riveting scenery and then I saw you and thought to talk to you since I found you to be solitary, but you seem to be famished and look exhausted, would you like to accompany me to a diner? We'd get some breakfast and then I'd be off to work." He summarised, looking expectantly at Emmett.